Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting blunder by 02

Purple-Haze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being an existing customer of O2, took an additional contract for my wife and gave the PAC & the number I wish to port on the NEW contract at the time of purchase.

The new phone and sim arrived, I put the sim in the new phone and waited for the SIM to be activated. After 5 days of getting the "This SIM is not provisioned" message on the new SIM, called customer service from my own O2 number (let's call it "OWN").  Customer service very happily said it will be resolved and asked me for the number that I wish to port (let's call it "NEW") and took the PAC as well. A day later my OWN number gets switched with the NEW number on my SIM and OWN number is no longer active !!!

I have had my OWN number for the last 18 years and used at several places related to bank and businesses. I just can lose it!! Called customer service several times..and was told I could only keep either the OWN or NEW number but not both!

I cannot accept this, as both of our numbers have been in use for the last 18 yrs.

How difficult is it to put a number on a new contract ???

Been without a phone number for the last 5 days.. without many business partners not being able to call and customers not being able to reach me. It is impacting my business now.

I am told i will get a call from  Manager to resolve this within 24Hrs but haven't had any call from any manager. Is this the kind of experience I should get for a mistake that the customer service person did ?

Why should I pay for the loss of business because of someone else's mistake?

I would like this issue resolved ASAP.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Sounds like a right nightmare @Purple-Haze !

I'll mention the community advisors who can get in touch to see if they can help resolve all this.

@O2Lisa @O2Daniel can you support please?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Purple-Haze I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Purple-Haze
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, community,

I have been trying to get help on this matter from O2 and no one is able to resolve the situation.

Having been on calls with 202 for hours over the last week, this morning I am told it will take upto 10 days for the manager to get back to me and look into the issue.

How can this situation be acceptable for anyone not having a mobile number, in this age and time?

Can the managers on O2 live for 10 days without being reachable?

I am losing my business every day that I spend without having a working phone number.

Haven't been able to get much help from this forum too.

Message 4 of 11

gmarkj
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Have you been in contact with @O2Lisa as above @Purple-Haze ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 11

Purple-Haze
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj, Yes I have been in contact with @O2Lisa. Been told someone will contact me but no one has reached out to me so far.

I have been calling up several times as I am the one suffering here.

Message 6 of 11

gmarkj
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Can you give the person who should be in touch with @Purple-Haze a nudge please @O2Lisa as it seems as though they have not followed through...

Message 7 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj the process isn’t as straight forward as we originally thought.
I’ve message @Purple-Haze with the next steps, until these have been completed we can’t do anything sorry.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Purple-Haze
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj, @O2Lisa,  Looks like the account has been messed up big time.. no one is looking into it. No updates and no one taking my calls either!

What should be the next step... take my numbers out of O2?

Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Give @O2Lisa a chance to work some magic on Monday @Purple-Haze but if she can't get it resolved then you might be forced to get the number moved.
What I would say as a word of warning is that performing another port could either fix the issue or make it worse...

Message 10 of 11