Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive some 2FA SMS messages

AnthonyHJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ignoring the fact that SMS is a very insecure way to handle 2FA, some companies still force you to use it. Sadly, my phone stopped letting me access them when I switched from a OnePlus to a Fairphone. I can get most SMS messages, even some 2FA messages, but there are a number of messages that either don't come through or are immediately throwing up an error message about being rejected by my network. 

Is there some setting I am missing in my O2 account to say 'give me all my SMS messages' at all? All I can find on this forum is that it's a known issue, without a solution. I tried to contact support and the support system ran me in circles which all end with 'start a new conversation', so here is the new conversation.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Sadly, this is not a new conversation - this is a peer-to-peer forum made up of O2 Customers similar to yourself. You will need to reach out to O2 via Social Media, as you have discovered the phone support and scripted web-chat are not great at handling such issues.  The Social Media addresses for O2 are in the link just below this post, @AnthonyHJ - persist, and keep asking for an update every so often if it goes quiet. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Sadly, this is not a new conversation - this is a peer-to-peer forum made up of O2 Customers similar to yourself. You will need to reach out to O2 via Social Media, as you have discovered the phone support and scripted web-chat are not great at handling such issues.  The Social Media addresses for O2 are in the link just below this post, @AnthonyHJ - persist, and keep asking for an update every so often if it goes quiet. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2