Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from customer services

Avinunca1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Twice now I have emailed O2 to complain about poor mobile data provision in Shrewsbury town centre. Twice they have acknowledged my complaint telling me they would respond within 7 days. First email from them 31st Dec and second 20th Jan.

I suspect O2 have moved internet provision away from older networks 3g/4G etc to 5G.

Just a short walk away from the town centre I am easily able to use message services and call up websites. In the centre however it is very difficult to use services requiring mobile data and I have to use wifi from shops or cafés. My phone of course does not have 5G.

Calls in and out work fine.

Question is - does O2 still respond to complaints or do they ignore them?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Avinunca1 

They have so many complaints it's taking weeks to get a response.

Report issues through the My Network app but no one will give you updates on any aspect of the network.

My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

Could also be oversubscription @Avinunca1 - too many people in the same area all using the network.

You used to be able to get around this briefly by switching your phone down from 5G to 4G or 3G, but even that is a bit hit and miss these days.

Download and set up the O2 MyNetwork app (it needs a login) to monitor places you visit regularly and let O2 know that way about poor signal or performance. Good luck.

Message 3 of 16

Avinunca1
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Signal is usually good. Will try the app but can it register poor mobile data supply?

Message 4 of 16

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

This is what I get for area around the centre.So sometimes it will be better that others.

1000008248.jpg

 That from My Network and yes you can register data problems.

Not having 5G to take some of the strain won't help

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 16

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Avinunca1 wrote:

Signal is usually good. Will try the app but can it register poor mobile data supply?

@Avinunca1 

You've not told us your postcode so I cannot show your location but you want  to go to :-

O2 | Service Status

https://status.o2.co.uk/

This clearly enables you to select data as something that you are having problems with :-

Oxonian_0-1706459045362.png

You will also receive updates as work progresses on local infrastructure. 

Message 6 of 16

Avinunca1
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you. I checked the data availability for 1 pride hill shrewsbury and O2 report there is an issue. It's been like this for months if not years. If they don't respond to my compaints I think my only option is to move to another network assuming competitors are better. The thing that stops me is that O2 is as far as I am aware the only operator that hasn't taken advantage of Brexit to charge extra for roaming in the EU. I visited Ofcom's site but looks like my options are limited there too.

Message 7 of 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

@Avinunca1 wrote:

Yes, it can and does - and sends report next time it can access the MyNetwork server (via WiFi or via cellular data when you are in range of a decent signal), @Avinunca1.

Your watchpoints also will generate e-mail and SMS to you when any watchpoint has a fault or work in progress. It's actually not a bad app to have, provided you registered on the system behind it on first installation on your handset. Good luck!

Message 8 of 16

Avinunca1
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have downloaded the My Network Server app. Will try it tomorrow when i am in the town centre. After pestering O2 on FB I had a response. They couldn't give me any detail on network improvement plans or any timescale. They said to use wifi if I need data!

Just a standard fob off. I wonder whether Ofcom might be interested.

Message 9 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Avinunca1 wrote:

I wonder whether Ofcom might be interested.

Not in the slightest.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 16