Did you mean: 

No incoming/outgoing calls after port

LPS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place as I'm not sure how else to access any help from O2. I've just bought a new phone and contract for my teenage daughter. Her number ported yesterday and WhatsApp and text messages work fine. However she can't make any calls (call just cuts off almost instantly) and she can't receive any calls (again it just cuts off). Tried restarting the phone numerous times and no idea what to do next as everything else works.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

IT_Engineer69
Level 3: Thinker
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

They are currently aware of the issue and it is classed as an high priority issue. No ETA on resolution, currently impacting customers who make changes on their accounts

Message 11 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@IT_Engineer69 wrote:

They are currently aware of the issue and it is classed as an high priority issue. No ETA on resolution, currently impacting customers who make changes on their accounts

That fits in with the issues we are seeing reported on here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93335 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MrCh00
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here, just ported over from EE today and cannot make any or receive calls. It’s the same for the wife and son. Internet and texts seems to ok tho.

Message 14 of 32

jamesw332
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Adding my voice into the mix... exactly the same problem for me.  Can't make or receive calls after my number ported yesterday.

My wife also ported to O2 today and her situation is even worse - her old SIM (on three) is still half active and is receiving the calls, but bizarrely she can send SMSs from both her new phone and her old phone and they both appear from the same phone number.  Right mess.

Bizarrely the call centre didn't seem to have a clue this morning, but clearly it is a wide issue.

Message 15 of 32

mrs_l
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At least it's not just me... Exactly the same issue here. Can send texts, but not receive them, nor can I make or receive calls. Not a great start! 

Message 16 of 32

IT_Engineer69
Level 3: Thinker
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just seen a tweet where they are hoping the issue whatever it is should be fixed by today

https://twitter.com/O2/status/1431175866604826625?s=20

Message 17 of 32

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hello everyone @MI5 @LPS @IT_Engineer69 @NormalRob @Ivo @gmarkj @jonsie @MrCh00 @jamesw332 @mrs_l 

Very sorry to hear you are having problems with calls. We're aware of an issue affecting a small number of customers. We’re working on a fix as we speak and aim to have full services restored as soon as possible. Please reboot your device periodically, thanks for your continued patience.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 32

IT_Engineer69
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @TheresaV is it possible to sign up for a service status alert so we get notified when the issue is resolved?

Message 19 of 32

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @IT_Engineer69, unfortunately we don't have that ability but we will be able to let you know once it's resolved on this thread 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 32