Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4g but full bars

Anyze30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I often have no ability to use my data but I have full service bars. This used to happen not often but not it is all the time. Its also where ever I go. If it doesn’t get sorted I’m looking to leave o2. Can anyone give me some guidance on what 4g settings should be on because I’m worried they’re not right and that’s affecting it. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anyze30 

Just reset your network settings and your phone will apply what's correct for your tariff and phone type.

Issue with slow network is down to it being busy.

You can check here O2 Service Status

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 99 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If your phone shows coverage indicators and you are able to make & receive calls, then this is unlikely to be a network settings issue unless you have a complete blanket 100% inability to use mobile data anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

Slow mobile data is usually a network capacity issue where the operator has insufficient spectrum deployed for the amount of users.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

Slow mobile data is usually a network capacity issue where the operator has insufficient spectrum deployed for the amount of users.

Which will show as "busy" if locations are checked in the link I gave above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4