Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo Switch OLED Download issues

DB2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Iam having major issues with download speeds on a new Nintendo Switch OLED. 

Speed tests on the switch itself are nowhere near what I get on my laptop or iPhone, however I am getting 10Mb download and 8Mb upload which is reasonable. 

That being said when I actually download an app or update on the switch an 800 Mb file takes in the region on 24 HOURS to download so that just does not compute. 

I am running an O2 aim (unlimited data) in a TP link Archer. 

I have tried all of the other generic solutions but not yet found a resolution! HELP!!! 

cheers, 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11643 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

Packet loss would occur between the 2 hosts so downloading to the iPhone may be different, as it will handle the retransmission better (i would hope so with Apple's experience of Networking).

One thing to try is putting the o2 sim in a handset and doing a hotspot session and see if the same occurs. This will help identify part of the bottleneck, is it o2, the router, or Nintendo..

I have built offices using multiple o2 data sims in various devices, and have had a few issues, but usually with packet drops from file servers over a VPN.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 11 of 12

DB2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve kind of done that by tethering my iPhone to the switch which is again on O2 with exactly the same result. Tested with great download and upload speeds but when it comes to downloading from Nintendo it is very very very slow. 

Message 12 of 12