cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Data does not work consistently on new iPhone 15 Pro - 4th Sim Card.

TuckerKyle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Undegraded to the new iPhone 15 Pro. My first upgrade since 2016! Ever since my network has not been working correctly. WIFI works fine but when I leave the house the Mobile Data drops off. I proceeded to swap the sim but they suffered the same issue. I had to buy a pay as you go sim as I was going away for the weekend. At first I put it in my old iPhone but decided to see what would happen if I put it into the new phone. It worked fine without a hitch. This ruled out the phone being the issue (I think) I then went back to the o2 store as I thought it must just of been a couple of faulty sim cards. However the same issue is now happening.

O2 customer services are awful these days and I actually had a technical support chat who said that when I leave a WIFI Network I have to turn the WIFI off for my mobile data to work.

Side note, in order to get the Mobile data to work I have to airplane mode off and on. Turning the Mobile data off and on does not seem to work. One thing I have noticed is that 3G doesn't seem to appear at all on the pay monthly sim cards...? Is the network dropping to 3G but the sims arent active on the 3G? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146733 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@TuckerKyle 

This is not a new issue to O2 and seems to be caused by doing a sim swap.

The only fix we've found is the get O2 to disconnect and reconnect your account.

You may have difficulty in getting customer services to understand this request though.

All contact details and methods in this guide and good luck Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

TuckerKyle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, I did read that elsewhere. The O2 customer service is awful. Can they do this in the shop? I may just have to end up leaving them.

Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12338 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Yes you can @TuckerKyle - just take some photo ID to your local store and they can provide a replacement sim.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 146733 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@TuckerKyle wrote:

Great, I did read that elsewhere. The O2 customer service is awful. Can they do this in the shop? I may just have to end up leaving them.

Unfortunately not @TuckerKyle 

You'll probably need to get customer service to escalate it to tech support to do it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

TuckerKyle
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for the reply. If I was to phone up and change my number, would that be a work around instead of explaining and asking them to disconnect then to reconnect me to the network?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 146733 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@TuckerKyle 

I have nothing available to answer that unfortunately. No one has tried it as far as I know.

Message 7 of 9

gezkaz
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue. i went to Apple store and they wiped everything and now I have to put my app one by one but I found that I still have a same issue. I think I am leaving O2 at the end of this term after being with them for 20 odd years.

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@gezkaz wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. i went to Apple store and they wiped everything and now I have to put my app one by one but I found that I still have a same issue. I think I am leaving O2 at the end of this term after being with them for 20 odd years.

@gezkaz 

You need to contact O2 in order to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or offer other direct help.

I suggest that you message O2's UK-based social media team :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team have a reputation for problem-solving, so should be able to help you. 

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 9 of 9