Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with topup with O2 Voucher from N. America

JulianS
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am in N America and bought an O2 PayasyouGo sim earlier this year (May 2022) while visiting UK.
Have returned to N.America but will be visiting EU again in August 2022. My balance is currently at 0.00.

I purchased an O2 top-up voucher but am unable to top-up from abroad; dialed 4444 and am able to connect but then the line goes silent (no voice prompts at all).  Any help would be appreciated (Note:  would prefer to NOT have to dial from a landline to avoid long distance charges).
Thx

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JulianS
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK... so found the solution!
I swapped the SIM card from my (2018) Moto Z phone to my (2018) iPhone 8 plus and the voice prompts suddenly worked when I dialed 4444 !
I was subsequently able to top-up using the O2 voucher code.  Not sure why it didn't work with Moto-Z (VOLTE issue perhaps?),  but the lesson here is to always use an iPhone to guarantee compatibility 😜

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@JulianS 

All info is in this guide. Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Check out the last section about top up when abroad.

You can also contact O2 via social media

If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Or call 0800 032 1402 via Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

JulianS
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Yes - I found this guide and I dialed both 4444 and  +441753 552 277 from my O2 phone with the same result (line is connected but then goes silent).  I'm stumped.

Message 3 of 6

JulianS
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK... so found the solution!
I swapped the SIM card from my (2018) Moto Z phone to my (2018) iPhone 8 plus and the voice prompts suddenly worked when I dialed 4444 !
I was subsequently able to top-up using the O2 voucher code.  Not sure why it didn't work with Moto-Z (VOLTE issue perhaps?),  but the lesson here is to always use an iPhone to guarantee compatibility 😜

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Pleased to hear it's sorted @JulianS 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know how you solved it, @JulianS! That'll help other members who come across this topic in the future 😊.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 6 of 6