Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercedes Me app not working on O2 network

chrishill12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Mercedes EQA electric car and use the Mercedes Me app to connect the car to my iPhone 13 Pro Max with IOS 16.4.  On WiFi the app works. Once on the O2 4G or 5G network the app now does not allow connection to the car. This problem has been ongoing for over 5 weeks, and Mercedes are not able to rectify. The issue does not occur with customers using the EE or other networks.

Are others having this same issue?  Please can you attempt to assist?

Thanks

Chris 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@chrishill12 

There are a few reports on here with the same issue.

All you can do is ask O2 to investigate it for you.

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Arian-Knight
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very strange, same thing happened to me today. I have dual sim. o2 doesn't work however when I enable EE it works fine or even WiFi. It seems as if o2 is blocking mercedes IP address... It literally says Check internet connection.

Message 3 of 7

KHughs
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There has been quite a lot comment about this on the various MB owners forums in the UK - I have the same problem myself.  A Mercedes dealer posting (as an individual) on one of the forums has reported multiple complaints about this and MB in Germany are said to be investigating but the general consensus seems to be that it is an O2 issue rather than an MB or iOS problem. 

One user has got around it by using a VPN on his phone.

If enough of us complain to MB and O2 then maybe some heads will be knocked together to find a fix. 

Message 4 of 7

TerryM1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having similar issues with Mercedes ME it will not mileage etc.

Come on O2 get it sorted

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10635 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@TerryM1 

It is something for Mercedes to sort out as they have said THERE developers are working on a fix, so you need to reach out to them to see where they are in there resolution, if its anything like there EV Platform it could be a wait.... 

And to be honest MB and o2 wont get together, unless they have a commercial agreement. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

GaryG1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is not an IOS version issue for sure.   It may be a combo of MB and O2, but my suspicion is it is an O2 issue and after more than 14 months, I am now fed up.       Time to reach out to the press and other outlets who might be interested to find out why O2 and MB cannot resolve an issue with the MB when the App is key if you are an electric vehicle user.

Testing I have done which points to the "culprit";

Device: iPhone 14 Pro Max

Latest version of IOS as of date of post and latest version MB Ap - this has not worked since I took delivery of my EQB - 14 months ago.

Tests:  (all tests done on same handset)

1.   Phone using O2 3G or 5G - App does not work - cannot connect  

2.   Phone connected to Wifi - App works and can connect

3.   Phone using O2 3G or 5G - with VPN (Nord) connecting to USA endpoints - App works and can connect

4.   Phone using O2 3G or 5G - with VPN (Nord) connecting to UK endpoints - App works and can connect

5.   Phone using E-Sim from EE - App works and can connect

3.   Phone using E-sim from EE - with VPN (Nord) connecting to USA endpoints - App works and can connect

4.   Phone using E-sim from EE - with VPN (Nord) connecting to UK endpoints - App works and can connect

Suspects

1.   Possibly ports that the App is using being blocked by O2 - is my top suspect

2.   O2 IP addresses or ports - being blocked by MB - simply not possible they would block the ports the App is using, otherwise would not work on any network.   Small chance O2 IP address ranges are being blocked by MB, which is why it works using VPN on O2  (Would have IP address from VPN provider)  but does not work using O2 3G or 5G.

Get this sorted O2 - 14 months is not acceptable! 

I wonder if the press would be interested to hear how O2 is hampering the rollout of certain brands of electric vehicles?     just saying............

Message 7 of 7