Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like New Phone Blacklisted

Dave_T1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a Like New phone yesterday, it arrived today and I've spent most of today on the phone to O2 trying to work out why it wouldn't work on the O2 network. I finally found out the the phone I was sent was blacklisted via various websites. I then phoned O2 to tell them I found the issue, they said that's its not blacklisted but all of a sudden it has a firmware fault and the phone needs replacing.

This is going to take up to 2 weeks as I have to send back the dodgy phone they sent me before they will replace it. I really need a phone quicker than this, is there anyway of them un-blacklisting the phone?  Have they got a department that can do this, all the IMEI numbers match on the paperwork, box and phone so it hasn't been swapped. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Dave_T1 

That is the process, and there is no way to speed it up as it could be someone has sent in an insurance blacklisted device, after sending it in to o2 to be recycled... ( CEX suffer this a lot where someone sells a phone then 2 or 3 weeks later makes an insurance claim) and the phone belongs to the insurance company...  So o2 even if they wanted to may not be allowed to unblock it as they dont own it ..

They need to get the phone back before they send a phone out.. and that can take 2 weeks, if you want to try and speed it up, send it back by Special Delivery but that will be at your cost.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2