Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping old phone numbet

Enyala
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just moved from Vodafone to O2. How long until my old number is transferred to my O2 sim card please? I thought it would be done in 24 hours.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Enyala You need to fill in the form here but nothing happens over weekends https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Enyala
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for replying. However, I gave them my PAC code online when I applied for the new sim and transfer. Do I need to do all that again now I have an O2 sim?
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Enyala 

It's worth doing it again esp if you didn't receive a confirmation text with a changeover date.

As I said, nothing ports at the weekend so Monday you should hear something back.

Edit for spelling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Enyala
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks, I'll do it again. Disappointed though, I was trying to avoid this.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

It rarely works the first time just lately @Enyala Rolleys

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Enyala
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello again, now got old number back- thanks for the advice. BUT, can’t receive calls or send or receive texts yet. I can only make calls out. Is this normal? It’s not 24 hours yet, am I expecting too much for it all to be done at the same time?!
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Enyala 

It's normal.

Just keep rebooting phone until it all works.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Enyala
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I’ll just keep turning it on and turning it off again then! It’s nice to know it’s normal anyway.
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
No worries and you're welcome

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15