Did you mean: 

Keeping old number link?

Amx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I've joined O2 and I want to keep my old number. I can't find any link to do that online.

Is it really calling 202 or going to the shop the only option to transfer my number?

With other provider I was able to do that online within a minute.

I'm on 202 call for nearly 2 hours now listening to crappy music and no one bothers to answer.

Is it normal with this network? 

I'm still within my cooling period and having second thoughts now. They were so quick with taking my DD payment, even before my SIM has arrived, but not that quick with you would think a simple task.

If anyone have a link to transfer my number online I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147989 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

@Amx 

I doubt that number will be answered any quicker as it isn't a secret number and is out there for anyone to find.

It's been posted on the forum hundreds of times.

I'll ask @O2Emma to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 15

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will look into this thanks.

signature
Message 12 of 15

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Amx I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 13 of 15

Amx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Yeah I figured that out. That number is on the O2 website to call from "any other phone".

Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147989 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions

@Amx 

We've just been told that there is a "technical" issue with the phones today, so probably why call waiting times are excessive, maybe wink 

Anyway, look for a message from Emma and hopefully you can be sorted out quickly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 15