Did you mean: 

Keeping old number link?

Amx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I've joined O2 and I want to keep my old number. I can't find any link to do that online.

Is it really calling 202 or going to the shop the only option to transfer my number?

With other provider I was able to do that online within a minute.

I'm on 202 call for nearly 2 hours now listening to crappy music and no one bothers to answer.

Is it normal with this network? 

I'm still within my cooling period and having second thoughts now. They were so quick with taking my DD payment, even before my SIM has arrived, but not that quick with you would think a simple task.

If anyone have a link to transfer my number online I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124445 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Amx 

All info on keeping your number here...

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Amx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

That wasn't my question. 

Do you really think I didn't see that page?

I was asking if there is a link to transfer number ONLINE. I don't see it on the page you've linked.

I was also asking is it normal with this network to wait that long (over 2 hours now) for someone to answer on 202 number or is it just today.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 147415 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

@Amx 

The weblink has been taken down recently so you do need to call or reach out to social media.

And yes, crap service is par for the course these days.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10764 Posts
  • 58 Topics
  • 3110 Solutions

Same as ringing EE earlier, on hold for ever before I gave up, so seemingly not unique to o2 I am afraid... 

I will say it again, probably a recruitment and retention issue as well, as who wants to go to work to be abused all day by people on the phones... and call centre staff are on about minimum wage... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 124445 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Amx wrote:

@Cleoriff 

That wasn't my question. 

Do you really think I didn't see that page?

I was asking if there is a link to transfer number ONLINE. I don't see it on the page you've linked.

I was also asking is it normal with this network to wait that long (over 2 hours now) for someone to answer on 202 number or is it just today.

No there isnt annoyingly. I gave you what we had. Also I had no idea if you'd seen that page as I'm not psychic.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

Amx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The weblink has been taken down recently so you do need to call or reach out to social media.

And yes, crap service is par for the course these days.

@MI5 Thanks, I see on the FB page other people having the same problem and apparently there is "a technical fault"

I kind of knew what to expect regarding signal / broadband speeds as I was with network piggybacking of O2 but didn't expect that transferring a number might be such an issue.

Should I run, or they all are the same these days? wink

To cancel my contract do I also have to call? wink over 2.5 hours on the line now...

I will say it again, probably a recruitment and retention issue as well...

@madasaf1sh I guess not having online option for basic stuff like transferring a number is not helping here.

If I knew I would get PAC number before signing up, but I red this: "You can give us your PAC code (...) at any time afterwards." which is not true as if you have to call them or go to the shop to do that, you can't really do this let's say Sunday afternoon, so not any time.

Message 7 of 15

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7217 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1596 Solutions

Anytime, refers to anytime within your contract, be that at the start, 3 months in etc. Not anytime within 24/7

As to should you run, we'll none of us know what is going to happen to customer service when they absorb over 3 million Virgin customers this year. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10764 Posts
  • 58 Topics
  • 3110 Solutions

@Amx 

Totally agree, 

However I have a feeling its been taken down, as it seemed to not be good at validating the codes, and also when the code failed security verificaion, the responses that came  back are garbage, again o2 are not unique in this... 

To be honest MNP is rubbish, the process and technical debt its creating is causing issues, and in view its time to kill it off... 

@Enlli 

CS is going to be fun, and I can see the Virtual Call Centre as developed by Telefonica, been deployed into the Consumer business or making more use of Crapita in the UK and TelePerformance in Manila to up the CS quotient... 

And maybe back to the 2 tier system depending on customer spend... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 15

Amx
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli After over 3 hours on the line I was eventually disconnected without speaking to anyone...

So I went to the O2 store to transfer my number there.

Guess what. Last part of the sentence:

"You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards.
Call us on 202, free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store."

is not true either. They were not able to transfer my number in the store. But nice young lady gave me "better number that she shouldn't have given me" - her words. I should be connected quicker on that number! This number is: 0344 809 0202.

This is getting ridiculous!

...none of us know what is going to happen to customer service when they absorb over 3 million Virgin customers this year. 

Wow, I was not aware they are planning to do that. Do you recon it might get even worse? Do you think my expectations might be too high when I assume I should be able to make a call anytime, as "anytime" in the O2 universe doesn't mean 24/7?

Message 10 of 15