Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues in Torbay

Larmank
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the last few months there has been internet issues on my phone in Paignton and Torquay. It is so bad nothing loads on my phone using the internet. My husband is on o2 and has the same issues.

When will this be fixed as we are so annoyed by this and very close to leaving o2 as it has been like this for months and other networks do not have these issues just o2!! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Larmank 

You will find all networks have issues especially in Tourist Hotspots such as Paignton and Torbay, and most NIMBY councils wont let the networks do works to improve services for locals and visitors due to local councillors ineptitude and not understanding. 

The only way to get an update is to check https://status.o2.co.uk 

And no network offers a minimum speed guarantee, if you want to leave o2 check this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Also worth getting some PAYG sim cards from the other networks and testing the speed and signal

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Larmank 

You will find all networks have issues especially in Tourist Hotspots such as Paignton and Torbay, and most NIMBY councils wont let the networks do works to improve services for locals and visitors due to local councillors ineptitude and not understanding. 

The only way to get an update is to check https://status.o2.co.uk 

And no network offers a minimum speed guarantee, if you want to leave o2 check this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Also worth getting some PAYG sim cards from the other networks and testing the speed and signal

Message 2 of 4

Larmank
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but friends in the same areas are on different networks and have no issues. Its only o2, if EE can be fine why can’t o2. It was fine when we moved here 2 years ago but in the last few months no internet outside our house in Torbay.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

Because they use different masts and other infrastructure, they do not share anything....  

So it could be EE have put in additional infrastructure which meant they had to go through no planning, whereas o2 do to make larger changes...  

the page I linked to may give you more information.. 

Other than that move to EE, if it offers the better service.

Message 4 of 4