Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a Volt prison loop. How do I get out

AnotheButterfly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am absolutely at the end of my tether with O2 and Volt. I was moved to Volt by Virgin media over a month ago and both my Virgin media fibre account and new O2 phone account are in my name and registered to the same address. Virgin media doubled my broadband speeds the very next day. However, the doubling of my data allowance which I should get having moved to O2 is not appeared. I have visited two shops and have now made five phone calls over the past four weeks. I have been told that it can take up to a week for the Vold O2 doubling of data to apply,. Then to wait another week. Then told by the shop to phone 0202 and that they could apply the doubling of the data for me to my account. Did this and was then told the doubling of the data wouldn't occur until my first new bill was generated. This happened yesterday. Still no doubling of data. Phoned o2 again today. Now told I have to double the data myself through the app. The man on the phone tried to talk me through doing this after I waited for him to read through pages and pages of a manual on the subject sent to him by his 'team leader'. Anyway, the thing he said I shoud click on was not appearing on the app. So then he said go to my computer. Again, looged into my account. The steps were showing, but when I clicked on the final step to double my data it said...

It doesn't look like you can get Volt right now.
You need to be a customer of both O2 and Virgin Media to be eligible for Volt. Right now, Virgin Media isn't available at your address below... bla blah

He then said HE COULDN"T HELP ME!!
What M I supposed to do? I am paying £10 a month for £5 worth of data but if you go in a shop they say phone O2 and then O2 says they can't help me. Do I take them to the small claims court?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@AnotheButterfly 

Everyone gets that incorrect error message.

What it really means is that your request has been received and you will get your data doubled within 14 days. 

Volt Megaguide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

AnotheButterfly
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, but I've been getting that message for over a month!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

If you've gone through the request in your MyO2 it will be added @AnotheButterfly 

We all had the same message but got the volt benefits after around 10 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

AnotheButterfly
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told to log into the O2 page on the internet.

Then type 'Volt' into the search bar shown when you click on the magnifying glass.

This then takes you to a page headed 'Supercharge your world with Volt'

The I was told to scroll down and click on the blue button called 'Go To My O2'

It was here that I get the 'It doesn't look like you can get Volt right now.' message

I told the man on the phone this and he said he couldn't help me any further.

Has my clicking on the button called 'Go To My O2' activated my request now?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@AnotheButterfly 

Yes, sounds good 👍

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

AnotheButterfly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Hopefully this thread and my experiences so far will be of help to others. Especially if I finally get things resolved. Then I can report back how long it took.

Message 7 of 8

AnotheButterfly
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally, some good news. On the day my April O2 bill was generated my data allowance suddenly changed in the app so that it was doubled. So there you have it. Moved over to Volt and a four-month wait for my data allowance to be upgraded to that which was stated in my contract. So have paid four months' money for half the data I was promised. 

Message 8 of 8