Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P30 Android 11

Mdurban
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Huawei P30 which I am happy with, but it still seems to be on Android 10.

As this is primarily a work phone that I use to keep in contact with clients when out of the office I require it to be upgraded to Android 11 by the end of this month due to security requirements.

Is there any chance of O2 (who always seem to have this issue in terms of being the last to provide security patches and major releases on all phones I have owned with them for over 29 years) being able to realase Android 11 to Huawei users or have they completely stopped supporting the OS for Huawei (which seems strange as they are still offering them in their shop?).

Last security update I received seems to have been around October 2021.

Regards Mark

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Software updates are dependant on the manufacturer releasing them, not the network they are on @Mdurban .

As such it is unlikely that Huawei will release a new version as they are banned from using Android.

Some information on the link below.

https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-google-android-ban-988382/ 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Software updates are dependant on the manufacturer releasing them, not the network they are on @Mdurban .

As such it is unlikely that Huawei will release a new version as they are banned from using Android.

Some information on the link below.

https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-google-android-ban-988382/ 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Mdurban
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I was aware of that but had presumed android 11 was still going to be available (Only p40 plus would be affected) but it would seem I was mistaken.

Huawie released EMUI 11 but it will still display as Android 10 so I guess I am a little stuck, will speak to the tech teams in work about this as they will need to make a decision.

Thanks for the reply and link, much appreciated 

Mark

Message 3 of 3