Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 8 Pro - slow, overheating, and won't connect to data services

sevans99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the Pixel 8 Pro for over 6 months now and it's not going well...

A persistent issue is overheating and slowing down. This also kills the battery. I don't get any warning messages other than the scolding hot temperature of the case and response time of the phone. It will also freeze and restart. It's especially evident when using the camera. Even in low res mode, you press to take a picture yet wait 3-10 seconds for it to actually take it. But most of the time, you just fell it heat up on it's own and the battery could lose 30-40% in less than an hour simply by doing nothing on the phone itself.

The second thing is connectivity. Basically this phone works at home. If I start travelling, it routinely cuts out from data services, with the little exclamation mark next to it. I make a trip to London 3-4 times a month and I know if I fully restart the phone (not switch on/off flight mode) at Clapham, by the time I get in at Waterloo, it will reconnect. But only briefly. It cuts out again after 5-10 minutes. Any fairly built up area I get this, yet my family's Samsung's/iPhone's on O2 work seamlessly. 

I've done factory resets, I've cleaned out any non-essential apps, all the usual stuff but basically, this phone is quickly becoming a home phone.

Anyone else seeing the same or similar, and if you have fixed it, how?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148676 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@sevans99 

You will get more responses by asking Google or posting on a Google forum of phone nerds, rather than moaning O2 customers.

You can also send it in to O2 for assessment and repair, should you feel it necessary.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/device-repairs

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11255 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@sevans99 

That sounds like a faulty device, so I follow @MI5 's advice and reach out to Google Support https://support.google.com/pixelphone/?hl=en-GB#topic=7078250 

As there have been reports of over heating Pixels on the Pixel Community as well.. https://support.google.com/pixelphone/community?hl=en-GB&sjid=16605073031087992517-EU

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 3