Did you mean: 

Free 3 months Apple TV not working ?

Freddy-fender
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently saw the O2 priority offer of 3 months free Apple TV for new users 

Been trying to get it to work ...o2's link won't work ...the code doesn't work ....and I managed to join apple and tried the code within my new apple account and that won't work either ...only a free 7 day trial option comes up.

Have tried within my android phone...and via my Chromebook 

Been googling ...and trying to navigate through the quagmire that is O2 support ..and still can't find any information or solutions .

Don't know if it's me or others are having the same issue .

Anyone any ideas or solutions ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions
Message 2 of 10

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Freddy-fender were you able to get this worked out?

Message 3 of 10

Freddy-fender
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

no not yet...to be honest i've left it for a couple of days to see if its something o2 need to fix

cheers

Message 4 of 10

Patricia1066
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 84 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Like @Freddy-fender the priority code doesn't work. I get the standard week free plus £6.99 after. 

Under the terms of the priority offer do you need to have purchased an Apple device? The terms of the priority app don't mention that but the link above does. 

Message 5 of 10

Patricia1066
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 84 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The reason that the priority code won't work is that three months of discount has already been given. Apple agents (three of them over 2 hours) see that isn't true but could not change it. I was given a one off discount code from Apple for 3 months but that also failed for the same reason. 

The solution was to open a new apple id account and apply one of the discount codes.

O2 priority code wasn't processed by the apple tv app! It failed to connect with the apple server. The apple code did work correctly. 

Did anyone else have issues with the o2 code?

Message 6 of 10

Spiracle
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had this same problem and just managed to fix it.  The problem is at Apple's end and is because bank cards don't seem to be fully authorised by the code at the TV site if you've never made a payment before.  The promotion screen times out without an error because the TV site can't see any payment method.  This seems like a bug to me.

Instead go to https://appleid.com, log in with your Apple ID, go to Payment methods and authenticate a card there.  Then go back to tv.apple.com, log in again, go to Account Settings, Redeem Promotional Code and copy in the O2 code.  It should then work.

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Brilliant feedback, @Spiracle - hopefully the Forum management @Breanna can escalate this up to O2 so the bug can be addressed, removing the need for your absolutely spot-on workaround 👍

Message 8 of 10

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Amazing info indeed @Spiracle! Really appreciate you sharing it here and I will absolutely forward this on to O2. 

🙏 Thanks for the tag @pgn 

Message 9 of 10

Spiracle
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've made a typo, that should be https://appleid.apple.com/

Message 10 of 10