cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED UP - No mobile data for over 25 days!

kylie123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted o2 several times via twitter, facebook and by phone. I upgraded my phone on the 23rd March and recieved the new device a few days later. I hadn't left the house for a few days as I was self Isolating and when I went back to work I found that my mobile mobile data had just stopped working. I shows i have 4g but will not load any internet. I can recieve calls and texts fine. I thought this was down to the sim card so ordered a new one. when this arrived I did the text Sim swap and followed the instructions, I am still having the same issue.  I factory reset my old device to see if that would help. but this has made no difference. I had recently compared mobile network info with my husband and mum who are both on 02 and they have the same settings for mobile data and I do not. the main difference is that they both show as IMS registered. so I now believe its to do with the IMS registraion status as mine is showing not registured. I have seen that someone else had this issue too but seem to get resolved but putting sim card in a different phone ( i have done this with three different phones and still says not registered) I have now been without mobie data for 25 days and getting increasingly frustrated with the level of help I have recieved from o2. I understand that we are in lock down and there have been issue with working from home and staffing, but I have not recieve a call or email from anyone who has offered to help me with this.  I have recently started a new job and I really do need mobile data to access my rota as this can change from day to day as work with vulnerable people. If I don't get assistence with this, I will have no choice but to take this to ofcom. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Faisal 

That was the first thing i tried before askign for a replacement sim, when my replacement arrived it did not work in my new phone so i tried it in my old phone, still no luck. I reset my old handset to see if that helped. it did not. I had issues when claiming for the £50 cash back through samsung, they said the 02 hadn't confirmed my IMEI S/N which is why they couldn't except my claim first of all until i proved a few questions. So I don't know if this has anything to do with it but thought its a bit more info. 

Message 21 of 23

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@kylie123 wrote:

Hi @O2Faisal 

That was the first thing i tried before askign for a replacement sim, when my replacement arrived it did not work in my new phone so i tried it in my old phone, still no luck. I reset my old handset to see if that helped. it did not. I had issues when claiming for the £50 cash back through samsung, they said the 02 hadn't confirmed my IMEI S/N which is why they couldn't except my claim first of all until i proved a few questions. So I don't know if this has anything to do with it but thought its a bit more info. 

Sorry have read the thread again a few times and can see you have tried it, just saw the message where you provided the apn settings and you have a* for the password field, just want to check that the password entered is there is "password" (without the exclamations), if so and the old phone is not letting you access mobile data as is the new phone, and its all related to the upgrade it could be that something has gone a miss when the tariff transfer has gone through at account level. I fthe old phone was working for mobile data but the new one wasnt we could have put it down to the new phone and established whether it was settings or a faulty device. If it is something on the account then normal customer services should be able to see there is an issue and if not they should be able to escalate this to the second line network team, as unfortunately we dont have account access. I understand its extremely frustrating and as you have been unable to use your phone then once its resolved you can chat to the customer service guys who will be happy to reimburse you for the time you havent been able to use your device.

signature
Message 22 of 23

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @O2Faisal

Thats okay, My mobile data worked up until the point I moved my sim into my new phone. my tarriff had changed from 20GB to 30GB that was the only difference i made other than getting a new phone. settings on my old phone in network setting is the same on my new phone.  I have tried to get through to customer service buts it been a reslly pain getting though to them with the automated system, because there isnt an option for what i need. (if that makes sense) and when i do say what i am after it just says i can find this info on the 02 website and then says good bye. (which is where my frustation kicks in). Like i said i get we are in a pandemic and that there is limited staff avalible but i really need my data for work as my rota is shown an app. 

Message 23 of 23