cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect and Reconnect to resolve Unknown Caller Issue?

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I'm one of many experiencing this issue of Unknown Caller appearing on incoming calls, since moving from 4G to 5G SIM and from iPhone XS to iPhone 14 Pro, would a disconnect and reconnect of my number on the network resolve the issue?

Asking around on forums, one suggestion is that such issues are a result of porting number numerous times between networks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Kosmos5457 

It has worked for others.

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Kosmos5457
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I spoke to Customer Services, seemed to be reluctance to do it. I'm satisfied from my end that I've tried everything bar a SIM swap which I don't believe that it is.

It was mentioned of there being a charge of £12.60 for them to do this? I don't know why that is. I'm after a solution to the problem I'm experiencing. 

It has also been suggested that if anyone has ported numerous times around different networks, then that could cause this sort of issue. I think my number may have been original giffgaff or EE. I can't be sure but would take a guess of it being giffgaff number. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

I doubt number porting has anything to do with it tbh and not aware of a charge to reconnect for a technical issue @Kosmos5457 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Kosmos5457
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spoken with Customer Services this morning and been advised this time that a case has been logged for the network investigation team. They will look into this and perform a disconnect and reconnect of my number. 

Customer Services guy seemed to be honest in stating that he wouldn't be the one doing this himself but it would be done by the appropriate team. It was noted that it isn't a five minute job, but requires some time and that it can be done, a clean up of the number.

I really hope that this will resolve the issue. It was said that the network investigation team also see a lot more diagnostics so it may be that they find something else to be a problem. I feel a bit more assured at the moment that the task is in hand and that this will have been completed within three working days. That is what I was told so I'll keep an eye on things, see what happens and maybe call back later in the week if this either hasn't happened as it is supposed to, or the disconnect and reconnect hasn't worked. 

Elsewhere on another forum, someone suggested I request a new number though I really don't want to do that. It'll create a lot more hassle than it may resolve. 

Message 5 of 5