Difficulty porting number from EE

BacktoEE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

Desperate for some help.

I requested to port my number from EE to O2 one week ago.

1. Hadn’t heard anything so I called customer services, they did a manual request for me and said it would happen the next day. 
2. The next day - received a text saying the port had failed and would happen the following day (29th June 2023).

3. On 29th June the port seemed to go through, but since then - I have not been receiving any text messages or OTP’s, cannot login to banking or receive authentication for payments. My old EE sim card has lost service. 
4. Since then I have also had intermittent loss of making / receiving calls. I have also had a lot of expired OTP’s and random text messages turn up in one go. Today - text messages not working again (except messages directly from O2).

5. I have tried EVERYTHING mentioned - turning phone off/on, resetting network settings, taking SIM card out and putting back in, checking phone and message settings and making sure number is correct. Nothing is working.

6. The only SMS I have received regularly is an error message from O2 stating that the port failed on the 28th and would be done on the 29th. I’ve had this message 12 times!

I’ve called 202 twice and both times been told just to wait, it can take 24 hours for the port to complete etc - today is 48 hours and no signs of the problems resolving. 

I’m disgusted at this, I’m an urgent care healthcare worker, and on weekends I sometimes receive SMS messages from organisations / hospitals etc that ask for extra help, and also update me on where / when to start my shift etc. I am not getting any of this. also I cannot do any banking or transactions. 

Looking through many others who appear to have had this - I’m wondering if I’ve had a split port / problem with the porting process?

Can someone please help? It’s not possible for me to wait till Monday - as an urgent care worker every day is a working day for me and the organisations I work for. I need to receive SMS’s as otherwise I don’t get critical service updates from these organisations.

Thank you 🙏 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

@O2Jonathan can you help @BacktoEE 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

@O2Jonathan can you help @BacktoEE 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Enlli thank you for the tag, I will private message you now @BacktoEE .

signature
Message 3 of 7

BacktoEE
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @O2Jonathan , appears the problem has been solved within an hour of posting this! Am now receiving SMS’s instantly. Fingers crossed that is the end of it now 

Message 4 of 7

weldon
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exact same issue. Ported number from EE to O2. Cannot receive calls from any external network. Rang the customer service line every day with no help what so ever, been told they would ring back and sort within 24 hours and nothing every happens. Got told it was an EE issue and it was up to myself to ring EE and sort...shocking. However did ring EE and they say everything their side is sorted and is back over to O2. Ring O2 still no answers, and just rude customer service issues. Going to leave O2 within my 14 day cooling off and go back to EE. @O2Jonathan 

Message 5 of 7

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@weldon I am sorry to hear of the issue, I will private message you now so we can take a look at this.

signature
Message 6 of 7

bizysiby
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem. I moved to O2 from Lycamobile on June 23/24. 

Number ported however cannot receive incoming calls or texts. I can only make outgoing mobile calls.

3 times called Customer Care - escalation, etc but no response back yet.

Today's call - they shall send a replacement card!!!

Message 7 of 7