Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Lollipop1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why can't I make calls even though I had a message saying welcome to Spain roaming I have got Wi-Fi connection at the hotel and can get onto Facebook etc tried phoning the missus who is sitting next to me in the apartmentjust didn't go through and when she tried to ring me it said the O2 number was not available this happened the last time we were here got to be something simple can somebody help please!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lollipop1976
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks to those of you who took the time to offer your ideas to help me sort out my annoying connection issue whilst I'm here on holiday in menorca.

particularly MI5!

I solved by trial and error in the end just by changing from ' global data iot' to.

'02payango.02.co.uk'  

That simple 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

From hotel WiFi, contact O2 via social media, links below, to see if O2 has a roaming bar set on the account.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide has all the info you may need to get you up and running.

Message 2 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

Lollipop1976
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Following a phone call From a 02 team advisor, things seemed to work!

However whilst out and about away from the hotel WiFi  I  am still unable to receive any data connection. Yesterday I was in a very good location in Menorca and my phone detected half a dozen operators offering connection services. Again I chose manual selection  'Movistar' as advised by O2 but this did not help I still cannot use the data I was told I could use whilst away from the hotel for example WhatsApp Facebook etc. Roaming is turned on,! I am a bit confused why I have to choose whether to select LTE 2G/3G auto select or 2G/3G.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Lollipop1976 

Try 2g/3g only.

What phone are you using?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Asked for merge. OP's original post is HERE @pgn answered it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Lollipop1976
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Many thanks to those of you who took the time to offer your ideas to help me sort out my annoying connection issue whilst I'm here on holiday in menorca.

particularly MI5!

I solved by trial and error in the end just by changing from ' global data iot' to.

'02payango.02.co.uk'  

That simple 🙂

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

You're welcome @Lollipop1976 

Enjoy your holiday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Lollipop1976
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yep thank you!

Message 9 of 9