Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Disney +

Rubyscoobydoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've subscribed through MyO2 account to Disney Plus today but when I try to use the link the activate it I get an 'error 404' message. I've tried doing it over WiFi and also my mobile data but same issue.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Rubyscoobydoo 

As per the many other threads on here, there is a known issue which O2 are investigating.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Rubyscoobydoo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hadn't seen the other threads, I'm new to this forum so posted before reading any other messages. Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 4

Melmite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a solution!!

My problem was that I already have a Disney+ subscription, through O2, which I cancelled and restarted as they offers me another free period.

If, when you click the activation link, you get a blank screen that redirects to the Disney+ homepage then follow these steps:

This worked in Chrome for Android, YMMV

Click "activate here" in the "My Extras" section of MyO2.

The page will open and then redirect you. BEFORE it redirects you, click on the address bar of Chrome and copy the link. It should be a very long link with a lot of seemingly random letters and numbers.

Open an incognito window in Chrome and paste the address you just copied into the address bar.

Disney+ will load and prompt you to provide your email, do this.

It will then ask for your password, do this.

Then open the Disney+ app and sign in again if it asks.

Tadah! You are back into your Disney+ account with your O2 extra.

Message 4 of 4