Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT FILE REFERRAL TEAM - NO RESPONSE

lockhart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had 2 missed payments on a contract that I believed had ended alongside the Virgin Media contract that it was tied to (a miscommunication/misunderstanding from my end, granted - but we move!). 

This was sent to a credit recovery third party company - as soon as I was made aware of this I paid the money right away (only £31) - this was back in January.

However we are now in April and my credit file is still showing this account in arrears.

After hours on the phone with the CS team they located my account and referred me to the Credit File Referral Team however as I can see on MULTIPLE threads on here, this team doesn't seem to respond - ever.

Could someone please help in escalating this for me as I've seen on other threads?

I need to apply for some credit soon and it's pulling my score down month on month until it's corrected.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@lockhart We are all customers. The only contact information we have is below:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@lockhart 

Unfortunately the default was correctly recorded so will stay on your file for 6 years.

It should be updated to show it as paid, but that's all.

It can take between 3 and 6 months for all references to be updated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

lockhart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

As far as my understanding goes this would classify as a "missed payment" not a full default.

I appreciate that this will stay on my file and all of that - this I can swallow.  I pay everything else on time and I am constantly working to reduce my utilisation so I am confident that these efforts will work positively for my score ongoing, even with this showing.

My issue is that I have not had any confirmation from O2 that they have reported this as paid to Equifax therefore this could be sitting on my account as "in arrears" and continually reducing my score instead - this is not something that I can just accept without verification from O2 and unfortunately as they don't seem to respond on the email account given, I cannot check.

I have seen other users have their cases escalated on here and am requesting the same - could you please help?

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23149 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@lockhart We are all customers. The only contact information we have is below:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5943 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@lockhart 

You have been given details of the relevant O2 team by @Bambino ; the only way to escalate your problem beyond that is to make a formal complaint to O2 :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, I would urge you to pursue the Credit File Referrals Team before making any complaint. O2 are currently taking up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, and during that period, other O2 teams are likely to be either unable or unwilling to engage with you. Hence, lodging a formal complaint will almost certainly mean that resolution will be delayed by a couple of months. 👍  

Message 5 of 5