Did you mean: 

Apple watch cellular stuck on Activating

gibtti
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

Anyone have any pointers on how to actually get this sorted?

I've spoken to 202 umpteen times, been to both o2 and Apple stores in person, am constantly back and forth with the Social Media team - but 2 months down the line am no further forward.

I was initially given an SR number then an INC number and CIT number all with a promise of resolving within 7 working days, but as of today all the Social Media team can tell me is they don't have an update for me.

Aaaarrrgh!

I'm tearing my hair out in frustration at how bad the customer experience has been for me - and from reading this forum I'm not alone.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38717 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

All the info we have has been compiled into Activate Apple Watch Guide - and most of the support avenues for issues point to the Social Media team, @gibtti - be persistent and hopefully your situation matches one of these described in the guide above. Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

Maja267
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have similar problems with my new Apple Watch series 10. Everything I’m trying to finish configuration with o2, error comes up saying contact o2 quoting error number 900. I have contacted o2, every day and no one seems to know what the code means or what to do. Even Apple support don’t know. 

Message 3 of 9

pgn
  • 38717 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

@Maja267 wrote:

I have similar problems with my new Apple Watch series 10. Everything I’m trying to finish configuration with o2, error comes up saying contact o2 quoting error number 900. I have contacted o2, every day and no one seems to know what the code means or what to do. Even Apple support don’t know. 

Ensure you have gone through this Apple doc thoroughly

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/119601

- and use the Social Media links in Activate Apple Watch Guide as advised, not phone support. I find a Direct Message via X (Twitter of old) yields best results, after a nudge or two. Good luck, @Maja267 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/119601

Message 4 of 9

Maja267
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have done all that but the problem is still there. I think it’s the network problem with transferring my airtime plan to my new watch but no one seems to know what the problem is. 😞

Message 5 of 9

pgn
  • 38717 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

Do you use X/Twitter

1000026122.png

or FB Messenger?

They are usually very capable in these instances, @Maja267 - moreso than the phone support guys.

Message 6 of 9

mjs_1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gibtti @Maja267 Did either of you get any further with this or have you given up now?

Message 7 of 9

gibtti
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I eventually got it sorted last week - after 4 months of tearing my hair out.

Even with me continually asking for updates, the tickets I raised via 202 and the Social Media Team eventually got closed without anybody actually contacting me or doing anything to fix the issue so I gave up with them and raised a complaint to the complaints team.

Complaints team eventually contacted me and and I spent 90 mins on the phone to yet another Indian call centre worker who basically told me they didn't activate Apple watches which weren't bought from O2!

This is complete rubbish and I told him so.

He offered me £40 compensation to close the complaint there and then even though it was still unresolved. I told him I wouldn't be closing the complaint and if my watch wasn't activated by the end of the 2 month complaints window I would be going to the Ombudsman.

This seemed to move things along and shortly afterwards I got a call from the escalation team. This was the first time I spoke to someone actually in the UK.

They could tell me straight away that the issue was because I had multiple Phone SIMs on one account and for that reason the Watch activation wouldn't work. They split my Phone SIM out to a separate account from the others in my household, and reset the eSIM on my watch. I unpaired/wiped my watch, repaired and this time activation worked!

So as others have said, you need to keep persevering and eventually you will get someone who knows what to do. The call centre operators don't have a clue and will tell you any old rubbish. You will need to try and get a hold of a UK member of staff in the escalation/tech teams and you'll have a better chance of getting the issue sorted....

Message 8 of 9

mjs_1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gibtti thank you for taking the time to respond and explain your situation and how it was solved!

Like you I also have multiple SIMs on my account, so perhaps this is the underlying issue.  I will get back in touch with social media support  with a link to your post to see if I can get any further

Message 9 of 9