Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan tech support

Andrew_Hurst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an o2 customer since 31st January 2023, signed up to the Volt package, as i took out the M500 Virgin media broadband package also.

I have 2 issues with my o2 account, as follows;

Although my Volt benefits states it is activated (when i check this on my o2 app or webpage), the benefits are still not live.  This has been in the state for over 2 weeks.  I spoke to an o2 advisor on the phone yesterday (for 1hr 20mins) and he concluded that the Volt benefits are not activated as my home address on the virgin media account is slightly different to the home address on my o2 account.  Is this factual and the reason why i haven’t got the volt benefits?  The advisor said i have to be an o2 customer for 30-days before i can update my address details.  How can this be wrong in the first place, as i signed up to the volt package via Virgin Media and they contacted o2 to set my SIM only account up.  Please advise. 

The second issue is my Apple Watch mobile data plan.  Firstly the Watch is mine, i purchased it direct from Apple, so all i wanted was the mobile data connection (for £5 per month).  I set up via the Watch app on my iPhone 3-weeks ago, and after putting my o2 username & password in the mobile data status then said “activating”. It was in this state for well over a week.  I logged 2 x tickets to get this resolved, i received one missed phone called, 1 x standard text message and that was it, no further contact from o2. A week ago, I decided to remove “all mobile data plans” from my Watch (via the app on my iPhone).  Yesterday i attempted to reset up the mobile data plan on my Watch, when i select “mobile data” on the Watch app, on my iPhone,  i now have an o2 message that reads “we’re setting up your Apple Watch on the o2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 free from your o2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

Its been over 3-weeks now and still my Apple Watch is not connected to the mobile data plan.

Can someone please help me as o2 on the telephone cannot support, i know this after making endless phone calls over the past 3-weeks.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Apple Watch still is not activated to the O2 mobile data plan. 

I was in contact with @O2Sarah- @yesterday and she advised me to unpair my watch, then repair and try setting up the mobile data plan (for the umpteenth time).  so I did this.  

it’s now 24hrs later and still not activated.  It is coming up with the usual message requesting you wait 24hrs and after that to contact O2 quoting error code 08.  

I’ve not got the “O2 activating” message on the mobile data screen in the Watch App, just the link to set up a mobile data plan, when you click this you get the O2 message saying we’re connecting you to the mobile network etc…..

I need some help please. 

Message 21 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 123328 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Andrew_Hurst 
@O2Georginais on this morning. I've tagged her to the thread and  hopefully she will be able to help you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 73

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Andrew_Hurst  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 23 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 123328 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you guys.  

hopefully the O2 network support team will contact me within the next 5-days and the issue will be finally resolved.

Message 25 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 123328 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Best of luck @Andrew_Hurst 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening. @Cleoriff @O2Georgina @O2Sarah- @pgn 

It’s been 6 days since the last ticket was raised (this is not the first ticket raised), i was told i would hear back from the Network support team within 5-days, but I haven’t.

Can someone please find out why no one from O2 has contacted me.  

This is ridiculous. 

Message 27 of 73

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Andrew_Hurst wrote:

Good evening. @Cleoriff @O2Georgina @O2Sarah- @pgn 

It’s been 6 days since the last ticket was raised (this is not the first ticket raised), i was told i would hear back from the Network support team within 5-days, but I haven’t.

Can someone please find out why no one from O2 has contacted me.  

This is ridiculous. 

You have tagged @O2Sarah- who is on from 8am today - let's see what she has for you after that time, @Andrew_Hurst. Keep an eye on your Private Messages once again, please.

Message 28 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @pgn i still have not received any messages from Georgina or Sarah.

Message 29 of 73

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Georgina is not on today, and as the time approaches end of Sarah's shift, the next Advisor on from noon until about 6pm is @O2MichaelE - tagged here.

Michael, can you please give @Andrew_Hurst a hand with his Apple Watch/Phone pairing and set-up issue?  Thanks.

Message 30 of 73