Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not working on O2 network

chrishill12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Mercedes EQA electric car and use the Mercedes Me app to connect the car to my iPhone 13 Pro Max with IOS 16.4.  On WiFi the app works. Once on the O2 4G or 5G network the app now does not allow connection to the car. This problem has been ongoing for over 5 weeks, and Mercedes are not able to rectify. The issue does not occur with customers using the EE or other networks.

Are others having this same issue?  Please can you attempt to assist?

Thanks

Chris 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

Duplicate post

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10570 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@chrishill12 

Its a problem with Mercedes, as per this thread, as others have reported the issue with other networks globally, so sounds like the problem is with Mercedes..

They probably have a block on IP, and the fact that Mercedes are working on a fix as per the forum linked to.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Mercedes-me-app-not-connecting-over-mobile-data/m-p/1609569

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Arian-Knight
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No it's not mercedes it's o2. I've got the same issue. App works with my EE and wifi (I have dual SIM) but when I go to o2 it says make sure you are connected to the WiFi. Definitely o2 blocking a port or IP. It wasn't like that before. 

Message 4 of 6

AF65LBE
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have the same car and same phone. I used to be on Vodafone and the app worked fine on 4G and 5G. Since switching to O2 I have been unable to use the app on mobile data and can only use it when I have Wi-Fi connection. I have spoken with Mercedes and they are aware that o2 are putting some kind of block on the app.

Message 5 of 6

chrishill12
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still waiting for a further response from O2 on this issue of the app not working on the O2 cell network. The last communication was two weeks ago when they said they were doing some tests..

Message 6 of 6