cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yearly upgrade programme

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve got a few questions about yearly upgrade programme. I talked to someone in the live chat already but I didn’t get answers to all of my questions.
I’ve got a message today from o2 saying it has been 12 months since my contact started and that I’m eligible to trade in my current phone which is iPhone 6 Plus, for the latest phone and my device plan will be paid off by o2.
I was talking to the guy in the live chat and he said all I have to do is get a quote from o2recycle.co.uk for my current device.
What I don’t quite understand is that on this site it says that they can give me 135£ for my iPhone and my current device plan is over 300£ left so would I have to pay the rest of the money after these 135£ or how exactly does it work? If someone could please explain it to me how the process works exactly I would be really grateful.
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

There's some info on the YUP hee @Anonymous https://www.o2.co.uk/on-us

However, quite simply, it means that O2 will make up the difference between the £135 trade-in value of the handset and the £300 which is left outstanding on your device plan - so you don't have to pay this yourself.

If you take advantage of the YUP, you will trade in your iPhone 6 Plus handset and O2 will settle the full outstanding device plan balance - the only cost to you will be any upfront cost for the new contract deal you are looking at.

Your best bet is to pop into your local O2 store, as they'll be able to deal with the YUP trade in side of things for you, and also have a stronger likelihood of having your new handset in stock and ready to take away with you.

Hope you enjoy your new phone, let us know how you get on. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

There's some info on the YUP hee @Anonymous https://www.o2.co.uk/on-us

However, quite simply, it means that O2 will make up the difference between the £135 trade-in value of the handset and the £300 which is left outstanding on your device plan - so you don't have to pay this yourself.

If you take advantage of the YUP, you will trade in your iPhone 6 Plus handset and O2 will settle the full outstanding device plan balance - the only cost to you will be any upfront cost for the new contract deal you are looking at.

Your best bet is to pop into your local O2 store, as they'll be able to deal with the YUP trade in side of things for you, and also have a stronger likelihood of having your new handset in stock and ready to take away with you.

Hope you enjoy your new phone, let us know how you get on. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 2 of 2