cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useless customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter lost her phone last month, the latest in a long line. 02 barred the device and SIM and sent a new one, which I dispatched to her in Wales, where she is working for the summer. It took her a few weeks to organise a replacment phone, and she fitted the SIM on Friday to a new 02 registered Sony Experia.

Nothing happened.

Ah! I thought. The bar is still on. So I contacted chat help. "No problem Sir, I'll sort that now. Phone will work in 2-24 hours."

24 hours later. Nothing. Back onto chat."Sooo sorry! It didnt go thru. I'll sort it for you."

Another day elapsed. This morning I'm back on. "No problem sir, I'll make it my priority to sort this now." Home from work, nothing. Back onto chat:  "Don't worry sir I'll fix that now, tell her to switch it off and on. She has almost worn the buttons off doing this for two days hourly. She does it again. Nothing. I tell the operator this. But the operator has disappeared. Cancel chat and call again: "I see the problem Sir, there has been a system down and the previous requests weren't actioned. I'll sort it. She'll be back on in two hours."

We didn't hold our breath...which is just as well as the situation remains absolutely as before.

Other than the total frustration that my daughter remains tearful and homesick because her phone doesn't work, my main beef here is just what training to these chat operatives receive?

They seem totally fixed on completion and fawning so that the "score card" can be positive, even if it means customers left hanging with inaccurate and incomplete service. There is zero recognition of personal responsibility. It would appear, close to zero technical ability or know how, and no sense that saying, I'll move you onto someone who can help might make customers happier.

Meanwhile I'm left with an unhappy daughter, raised blood pressure, and paying for a phone service which doesn't work. Don't think I'll be renewing the contract somehow!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent 3 hours online trying to upgrade today and as my chat wore on with 3 different advisors they got increasingly incompetent. I was trying to give them £1200 over 2 years but this appeared to be too much to cope with. I have been with O2 since it was btcellnet nearly 20 years and i wonder why after today

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

Maybe @Toby can feed this back in the hope that training will improve?

In the meantime, I can only suggest you call CS and speak to a human and hope you get someone to "own" the issue for you and resolve it.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would gladly call CS if i had a working phone a point that wasnt understood by O2

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 125992 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@AnonymousAppalling story. No wonder your daughter is upset and homesick with no working phone and live chat failing to honour repeated promises. I would certainly be contacting customer services and speaking to someone asap. I really hope this gets sorted soon slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i would gladly call CS if i had a working phone a point that wasnt understood by O2

There are landline and alternative numbers on the link I gave you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 8 of 8