Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousProbably because they offer Refresh deals and O2 Open. You are, of course. free to take your business to CPW or any other outlet.... though you wont get the benefits listed above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousProbably because they offer Refresh deals and O2 Open. You are, of course. free to take your business to CPW or any other outlet.... though you wont get the benefits listed above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Nor will you get WiFi calling unless you buy from o2 but you pay your money and take your choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Lew_Taylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wouldnt exactly call o2 "refresh" a benefit and o2 open isnt exactly a benefit unless your part of a company that is registered for it. we went to cpw through one of their spin off companies and got a better deal on our handsets compared to o2 refresh and despite of whats wrote above we have wifi calling as well.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

The S8 is the only Android device you'll get wifi calling on a non o2 device currently, (I guess iPhones work?) so if you got that phone you'll be OK as long you're happy with the phone for 2 years.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

wrote:

I wouldnt exactly call o2 "refresh" a benefit and o2 open isnt exactly a benefit unless your part of a company that is registered for it. we went to cpw through one of their spin off companies and got a better deal on our handsets compared to o2 refresh and despite of whats wrote above we have wifi calling as well.

@Lew_Taylor  despite what you say, those with Refresh do consider it a benefit as you can change your device after a year with no additional charges. Also O2 Open is a bonus enjoyed by many.  However everyone is free to make their own choices.....best of luck with yours thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I always say go with the deal you are comfortable with and that it meets your needs and your wallet 😉

Message 7 of 8

Lew_Taylor
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah your right m15, an iphone 7, 7 plus and 8 plus. they all come from cpw et al and are all sim free as when we went abroad we put a local sim card in to avoid heavy roaming charges and it worked with no problems.so out of curiosity then we have had our contracts for nearly a year but had someone from o2 ring us who were full of beans (number checked) they were offering an upgrade to the iphone-x which wasnt cheap but wasnt expensive depending on if you shop around, when queried about my current phone iphone 7 plus what would happen to it if i upgraded they told me that they could send a payg sim card out with the new phone and contract and i could give the i phone 7 to a family member to use.i politely declined there offer of an upgrade as im happy with my phone but still annoyed with the tugo saga and for time being leaving my options open.

Message 8 of 8