cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to deal with 02 for an issue they caused, disgraceful customer service!

Bmwboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I am hoping the forum will solve my issue or the next step is small claims court and the ombudsman.  I originally had one contract with 02. The wife’s phone was due to end with Vodafone so I naturally as I pay the bill I said I would take an additional line on my account for her. We were due to go on Holiday in 3 days time so I did a click and collect for the contract for an iphone 7 for next day.

The next day I went into my local 02 shop to collect the order and the phone had not even left the warehouse. The manager of the store suggested I take out another contract and when the phone I ordered over O2 online came into the store she would send the contract back. She explained I would see 3 numbers on my account until the phone is sent back.

I took the third line and we took the phone away with us. I come back of holiday nearly a month later and I see the contract still listed on my account. I go straight back to the store that apologise perfusely and explain that they forgot to send the contact back and unfortunately its gone over the 14 days. At this point I am now angry demanding to see the manager but she will not come out. The other store manager explains this is a mistake and they will sort it. They asked me to take the phone contact 02 for the return and they will type “notes” to explain this is there issue.

I ring 02 and explain the above and get the phone sent back.

1 week later, I ring to chase up and they can see the phone has

• NEVER been used
  • Sim card never been used

I provide them the royal mail tracking  number which shows signature and who signed for the parcel.

GUESS what the phone still listed on my account and I am now charged with a disconnection fee and threatening to ruin my credit rating. This is totally outrages and I feel victim of fraud basically. The store refuse to take issue and 02 still have not removed the phone from my account.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag on this one guys! 

@Bmwboy It sounds like you've made significant progress with this. Please keep us updated and let me know if you have any further problems. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 21