cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages that I send often take hours to get there

Anonymous
Not applicable

It often takes my texts messages many hours to reach the person, sometimes as many as 12.  Likewise it can take as much time for messages to reach me.  As my contract is almost up (I am eligible for a new phone already), I have to consider changing from 02.  But is it 02 who is responsible, or is it the phone or perhaps the simm?  I don't want to change from 02 if it isn't neccesarry. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I have had it on and off for years now.  It is a nightmare as you it isn't always (usually not) possible to know that someone hasn't recevied a text, or that one I receive was sent the day before. 

Any advise / help or input gratefully received with thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

All Networks suffer congestion which can delay text messages.

Usually removing the sim and wiping it and then turning the phone back on helps ,or ask for a replacement sim card ,and perform a sim swap.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Contact 02 on 202 for contract customers or 4445 for payg.

They will send you out a blank sim or perhaps just pop into your local 02 High-Street Store for one.

A sim swap can take from a couple of hours to 24hours + for everything to re activate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

All Networks suffer congestion which can delay text messages.

Usually removing the sim and wiping it and then turning the phone back on helps ,or ask for a replacement sim card ,and perform a sim swap.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Contact 02 on 202 for contract customers or 4445 for payg.

They will send you out a blank sim or perhaps just pop into your local 02 High-Street Store for one.

A sim swap can take from a couple of hours to 24hours + for everything to re activate.

Message 2 of 2