cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch from o2 talkalot to pay and go go go

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I used to be on the 'text anytime' tariff on payg but decided to change it today, to pay and go go go. Once I had confirmed the change I received an email saying they would change my tariff today and that once I topped up I could 'benefit from my new tariff.' Thus I topped up £10 and I received a text saying my balance was now £10. I thought that my new tariff had started then, so I sent a text... only for o2 to send me a text saying once I had 10 pound balance I would be able to use my new tariff. I was confused because I had just topped up £10 yet the text suggested I did not have £10 so I checked my balance and saw that it was £9.88! clearly I had been charged for the text I sent eventhough o2 in their email said I could use my new tariff from today. Strangely when I sent a text to check my balance again it came up as £10! I am very confused but not just that, angry that I now do not have enough for my new pay and go go go tariff when I topped up £10 solely for that purpose. Can someone explain why my balance shows as £10 when I text them but as £9.88 when I ring top up credit? Moreover will I be able to get my allowance conaiderig I sent the text thinking I had an allowance? I hope it makes sense.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sounds like one of the services isn't updating. I presume the £9.82 one is correct. (Pessimist).

There tends to be a delay between swapping tariffs to them becoming active:( which could explain the charge for txt.

Do you have a myo2 account? It will tell you the current tariff on there. From there we can proceed:)

I and happy nye
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry read it twice and still makes no sense to me.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe if you made the post a little spaced out may help. Makes no sense at all apart from understanding that you changed your tariff

Message 3 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sounds like one of the services isn't updating. I presume the £9.82 one is correct. (Pessimist).

There tends to be a delay between swapping tariffs to them becoming active:( which could explain the charge for txt.

Do you have a myo2 account? It will tell you the current tariff on there. From there we can proceed:)

I and happy nye
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry i understand it was very long I was having trouble typing it out and setting it out nicely on my phone as it was playing up as it does sometimes. Liquid understood what I meant but I have the problem sorted. yes, it was just a delay with the tariff change which meant my credit was used for sending the text rather than my allowance. After having a live chat o2 restored the £10 credit so all is good and I have my allowance now! Again i apologise for the wordy msg which confounded people.
Message 5 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Glad you've got it sorted:)

Good start to the new year right:D

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep and you deserved the kudo for understanding my msg when even I thought what on earth on re-reading it! I just panicked I think.
Message 7 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha no worries:)

It's hard typing on a phone I know that:)

Well happy New Years mate. Sure well see you around the forum in future:)

If you have anymore questions you know where we are slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to make it clear, the solution to my problem of switching from the talkalot tariff, to pay and go go go yet being charged was to a) wait until O2 send you a confirmation mail, informing you that you have switched tariffs and can now use your new tariff and b) failing that I found the live chat on the O2 website very very helpful. Indeed that was the solution for me as I was in a hurry to use my new tariff and thus did not wait for my confirmation text from O2. Well, I waited a little while but was then in need of my allowance. I hope that helps people, to know that O2 live chat is useful (well, it was for me, anyway). 

Message 9 of 9