cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swap to microsim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking to get a better phone and have seen a sim-free nexus on the google site. At present I am on a sim only monthly tariff and am not due for an upgrade for at least 3 months. The present phone uses a standard size sim. Is it possible for me to buy this new phone and then get o2 to let me have a new micro-sim card with my present number and tariff etc staying the same?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, you can. In store is easiest but you can order sim of website and activate it yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, you can. In store is easiest but you can order sim of website and activate it yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply, just to be certain - I am NOT due for an upgrade for at least another 3 months, will this still be ok?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Makes no difference as long as you are not trying to cancel your contract. It's just a straight sim swap you need.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats just what I needed. Thanks again for your help
Message 5 of 5