Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone has their name on my account

Mitzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my contract expires in a few days, I phoned 02 to ask about new deals, they tell my I have failed their security questions and that the name on the phone account is nothing like mine. I pay the bill through my bank and have done for 23 months, I have paperwork from Carephone Warehouse to say I purchased the deal from them and have passed all of their security questions, but they cannot help me further as my network provider is 02. 

02 are unable to speak to me as I don't know the bogus name that they have on my account, I cannot even cancel the account as I don't pass the security questions on this account. I did I live chat on 26/12/17 - 2.5 hours later they said they couldn't help and told me to phone 202, they can't help me as I don't pass the security questions. I have paperwork from 02 verifing the account is mine with my name on. Exasperated is an understatement - where do I go from here? I've currently spent 4.5 hours on this and am no further.     

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Mitzy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally all resolved , new contraced sorted, but not without hassle, things to note, when taking out a new contract online ( once everything is in your name that is), be aware that the emails you are sent are not correct, any offer is shown on an email at the full price and not the offer price, any email stating you will take "delivery" of an item, take no notice as nothing is sent to you, disregard nano and other sim card options, as you use the original sim on the new deal, be well prepared with a list of queries when you phone so you can just rattle down the list.

I spoke to an amazing woman, clearly had worked there for quite some time, a fountain of knowledge, I was sorted in a matter of minutes, give this woman an increment. 

Thanks also to everyone who took the time to help me.

Cheers!!       

Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Pleased it's sorted @Mitzy. Great news that you eventually got an advisor who was willing to take the time to get it sorted. Thumbs up to her as well. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Brilliant @Mitzy😀 and yes, the importance of getting through to an experienced adviser who knows their stuff. More importantly that they practice the old-fashioned customer service and actually want to sort issues out.

@Martin-O2 can you get more information on time of call etc by PM so that the lady in question gets the praise she deserves. There is a thing called job satisfaction and she must get that in buckets. 

Message 13 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jonsie

@Mitzy Fantastic to hear that you got this sorted out! I'd be happy to pass on your feedback about the advisor you spoke to. I'll need a few details to do this so I'll drop you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 14