Did you mean: 

sim use in dongle

Towser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I recently updated my wife's iPhone with o2, and they offered me a pc dongle as part of the package.

we already had two iPhones and an independent dongle.

on getting home we checked and found that the new pc dongle was using the same phone number as the independent dongle.

so, two dongles with Sims using the same number.

is this ok or will I have to go back to the shop and get another sim so that we have independently useable dongles?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125600 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@Towser 

No you can't have the same number on your dongle or you will lose functionality of the phone.

You need to call O2 to assign a new number to the dongle. Or as you say, go back to the shop if they are still open.

All details are in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edited to add shop.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148718 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Towser wrote:

on getting home we checked and found that the new pc dongle was using the same phone number as the independent dongle.

so, two dongles with Sims using the same number.

That is impossible.

2 sims cannot both be working with the same number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3