cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim-only to sim-only upgrade through My o2 app

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Has anyone had experience of upgrading through the My o2 app?

I would like to change from one sim-only tariff to another sim-only tariff. Would the changes happen automatically if I did this (i.e. would it apply to the sim card I already have in my phone and to my current phone number - I wouldn't want to receieve a different sim and/or a different number)?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The tariff change will take effect at your next billing date and it changes on the o2 system, so you just carry on with your sim as normal.
Nothing will change at your end.
The date it will become effective will be shown when you select the tariff change in the app or in your MyO2 from a PC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I am on a Sim only contract and whilst I am sure it could be done online I chose to ring CS to make sure I got everything I wanted and there was no error. My initial simo ran out in January 16 and I contacted CS and started my new sim only contract . http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add ..I did receive a new sim card but was told by cs to ignore it and continue with the one I had currently. It took 10 minutes. Email came in immediately and I was good to go...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The tariff change will take effect at your next billing date and it changes on the o2 system, so you just carry on with your sim as normal.
Nothing will change at your end.
The date it will become effective will be shown when you select the tariff change in the app or in your MyO2 from a PC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I found it better to call customer service and chose the option for leaving. I got a £4.00 discount for 'staying' with O2 on a sim only.

Message 4 of 4