cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Sim Only Tariff Change

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with o2 for many years and my contract renewal has always been in October. I am currently on a 12 month sim only deal as prefer to buy my phone outright and this gives me the flexibility of porting my sim to meet my needs.

I had previously been on a 2gb data tariff but got fed up of always running short so changed my tariff to a 4gb version in August. Imagine my suprise when I happened to see that my contract expiry date had now moved to August 2017. 

I was certainly never informed that I by changing tariff I was entering into a new contract and I like the flexibility to negotiate at renewal if there is a better deal. 

Clearly today is not the day to speak to an agent via chat as they're only interested in new customers with the iPhone pre orders. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

They've obviously put you on a new contract when you upgraded. Give them a call and ask them why.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It shouldn't have done that.
I changed a simo tariff through MyO2 and the end date stayed the same.
I'd call CS on 202 and question it and regardless of the day, wouldn't use live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yet mine worked the other way round. I was on a sim only contract and rang 2 weeks earlier than the end of contract to take out a new one. My new one runs from the day I rang CS....and concludes exactly 12 months after that date. So in effect I lost 2 weeks of my old contract. I didn't notice this immediately so have done nothing about it (as the new contract was cheaper than the old one)

Someone told me it depends on whether you upgrade or take out a new contract?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. I'll call CS later and feedback on here what they said. I definately didn't select to upgrade. Just change tariff from My O2.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

They've obviously put you on a new contract when you upgraded. Give them a call and ask them why.

Message 5 of 5