Did you mean: 

sasmung buds 2 pro for 1 pound 70 days later still nothing

gadget
Level 3: Thinker
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i understand this is just a o2 consumer forum rather than anything official but im having major problems with o2 CS and am getting nowhere so any advice is welcome

Still awaiting my free gift from 70 days ago contacted CS but all they say is we will contact the relevant department to send the code they do and the code is invalid. Contacted them again on monday saying this they apologised and said the code would be sent in 2/3 days its now friday and no code yet. 

Is my next step to ask to speak to a manager ?

i've spent 6 hrs either on webchat or on the phone speaking to 5 different CS agents and all they say is we will contact the relevant department. and nothing happens.

advice ?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Leshatt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So many conversations and broken promises, get in touch with Offcom, good info from them.

Message 21 of 56

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Leshatt 

Good luck with Ofcom, but it doesn't strike me as the kind of dispute that they will be interested in.  

Message 22 of 56

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Leshatt 

OFCOM will not got involved in Consumer Complaints, unfortunately you have to follow the o2 complaints process and if need be taking it the ADR service. 

You will need a deadlock letter form o2 to proceed with the Communications Ombudsman... 

Those are the rules.. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 23 of 56

Leshatt
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can also use the ADR after 8 weeks from your initial complaint.

Message 24 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem is that no one takes ownership for the problem no one explains why no valid code has been sent its now over day 70 the code should have been sent out after day 30.

If a customer on a whim decided i'm going to forgo my obligation to pay my bill for 40 days  o2 would cut you off long before that day.

But o2 can just refuse to honour their obligation indefinately and the customer has just got to accept it and wait patiently. 

as a further update to this saga julie one of the managers who was asked to give me a call back never did 

so thats another phone call after 12pm tomorrow. this will be 9th time ive had to contact o2 about this.

Message 25 of 56

Oxonian
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@gadget 

O2 don't seem to realise - or to care - that this is costing them future sales. Had you bought direct from Samsung, your buds would have arrived in the box with your handset. 

Food for thought when you next decide to change your 'phone ?  

Good luck and please keep us informed of progress. 

Message 26 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

a further update 

i think there may be light at the end of the tunnel 

i didn't get a manager call back the second time that had happened after much perseverance today and speaking to multiple o2 cs who just repeated the same mantra i had to wait another 48 hrs for a call back.

I finally spoke to what i believe was uk o2 cs she realised very quickly that i wasn't going to to accept the same promises about a call back so she quickly contacted her manager Leon who promised to phone by 5pm today i was hesitant but i agreed and leon duly did. 

Very engaging fella accepted the mistakes apologised said he was going to deal with it personally no more calls to o2 he will be the person who will be contacting me to keep me updated regularly.  This is exactly what i wanted he did also promise compensation for the trouble which will be given when i finally do get my code. I'm not sure if o2 managers have access to resolver complaints but he pretty much said everything that i'd asked for on the complaint btw made my resolver complaint 10 days ago still no update from them.

All in all a good day  regarding my buds pro 2 and somewhat restores my faith in o2  i hope  Leon comes through.

apologies for the long post 

Message 27 of 56

Oxonian
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@gadget 

That sounds like progress !

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Guide: Gift with Purchase  

Message 28 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

further update 

today as he promised Leon phoned to give me an update

he didn't get a reply after sending a message on thursday to the relevant department

but tbh and this is just my opinion it was late on thursday and then a day later the weekend so i wasn't really expecting something to be done by sunday

he did say he's also sent an email/message  to whoever is  above them so he's expecting an update pretty soon as early as tomorrow he indicated

again just my pov  if its alittle later in the week i don't mind i'm probably going soft but i do think Leon is doing his best and it will be resolved soonish 

Good to see some progress and Leon taking it further than the usual channels. 

i'll update further as i get updates 

Message 29 of 56

Oxonian
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@gadget 

It is very unusual for anyone from O2 to call you as promised, so if Leon did so, it is very encouraging. 

Good luck as we move forward and do please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 30 of 56