cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rip off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was an O2 customer for 7 years and it all started to go down hill when I moved in December 2012. O2 guarantee a G2 signal. I did not get it in my new flat. I was told by an O2 advisor that it is because of a maintainance, that they are sorry and it will be solved soon. In February 2013 I refused to pay my bill. After talking to another advisor I paid it once I was reassured AGAIN it is only a matter of time to get a signal. I have had to cancel my contract at the end and now the O2 want me to pay the full amount of the existing contract (January 2014). Thay are in breach of the contract by their excuse is that there is not a footprint of my complain from the beginning of the year. It is very easy to check if I have a signal in my flat. O2 showed how much they care about customers! I would advise anyone not to sign any contract with them. They are caring untill there is a problem.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles with network cover.

02 have in their terms and conditions about coverage.

Under Services Agreement.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

If you want out of your contract early then you would have to cover the remaining months. Perhaps sell your phone to help cover the cost could be an idea.

Check any new network out before choosing them when you get your PAC Code.
Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
before the 4g auction no network had to provide indoor coverage . your complaint may fall on deaf ears.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23168 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

O2 are not in breach of their contract. Indoor signals are not guaranteed. It isn't O2's responsibility that you moved. It is, however, your responsibility to pay your contract. If you don't, it will only wind up with you being given a bad credit rating, which would stop you from taking out a contract with another network, and would, essentially, mess up your life in many other aspects for many years to come. Bad credit ratings follow you wherever you go. I'd take a deep breath and reassess your situation and pay the bill, if I were you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wise words.

Lets hope the OP follows the advice.
Message 5 of 5