Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting my number

unhappybunnie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to decide if O2 is incompetent or incontinent as it seem they are pretty ******ty at what they I do, I gave them a PAC code on Friday of last week and still my number has not been ported across.
I have phoned several times and been given different answers ranging from “it will be done within 1hour to 24-48 hours” its been 134 hour and its still not done.
They told me at the start that when the change happens that I would loose service from EE and when that happens to switch my phone Off and on and my number would be ported across that did not happen.
Call Customer service twice on the third time I ask to speak to a manager who said they would escalate it and would phone me the following morning guess what NO Phone call.
Called again and told it could take a further 24 hour. I have lost the ability to text from my phone and things are going downhill. Wishing I never changed to O2 am going to wait 24 hours then I will cancel the contract.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@unhappybunnie ports don't happen at weekends and take 2 days (usually) so the best you could have hoped for was for the port to happen on Tuesday anyway.

Regardless of that, something seems to have gone wrong so you will need to get customer services to escalate it. This happened to me a while back and it took 4 or 5 days eventually.

I'll tag @EmilieT too as she may be able to assist.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@unhappybunnie ports don't happen at weekends and take 2 days (usually) so the best you could have hoped for was for the port to happen on Tuesday anyway.

Regardless of that, something seems to have gone wrong so you will need to get customer services to escalate it. This happened to me a while back and it took 4 or 5 days eventually.

I'll tag @EmilieT too as she may be able to assist.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@unhappybunnie I will ask one of our Community Managers if they can help?

@EmilieT  @Marjo @Martin-O2 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @unhappybunnie, and welcome to the forum Wave

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with porting your number - I can get someone on my end to look into what's going on, and in order to do this I'll first need a couple of details. I'll send you a Private Message shortly, whcih you'll be able to read and reply to by going into Messages in the top right of your page. 

Thanks @MI5 , @Cleoriff  and @jonsie  for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5