cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone out of contract refund?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi my contract has appoximateley ended 2 years ago and ive been paying the full price since, will I be entitled to compensation/ refund for the amount ive been paying over for e.g i was paying about £37 pound during contract obviously a lot of this is to pay for the phone during the contract also i was not informed the contract was ended, obviously its my duty to know it ended also. thanks Rich
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry, no refunds for that period but I suggest you either upgrade or switch to sim only immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry, no refunds for that period but I suggest you either upgrade or switch to sim only immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

An obvious benefit of the refresh contract is of course this would never happen - get onto a Sim only if you are happy with the phone, they are offering 15% off them at the moment.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Really you are paying full price for a phone that is now 4 years old. As said upgrade immediately or if happy with the phone get a sim only contract  Have a look here...you can see new deals or sim only via this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No refunds unfortunately. You should have gone onto a sim only contract once your initial contract was over. You can still do that now if you are happy enough with the handset.

Message 5 of 5