cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 won't give a PAC code for a number on a business account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried on two occasions to get o2 to give me a PAC code for a user on our business account who is leaving the company. The people concerned imported their own number onto our account and now want to take their own number (I've had mine for 20 years so this will happen if I ever leave too) with them. Apparently the only way for them to keep their number is for them to take over the contract (yeah, right, at that price!) or for us to pay the contract off, which is just ridiculous, stupid and greedy. It would just take a simple number swap - 02 give us a new number to take over the number which is being imported so that we continue with the same contract that we have now but with one new number - how difficult could that be???? - then let us have a PAC code to give to the leaver so that he can take his number with him. I would avoid an 02 contract like the plague if I ever leave my job just because of this, so well done 02, way to maintain customer loyalty! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You just have 2 options i'm afraid...

1) your colleague will have to set up a personal O2 account and then complete a Transfer Of Ownership to move the number over. They will need to go onto a similar priced tariff.

2) They will need to agree to pay off any early termination fees (line rental x months remaining). When agreed, O2 will release the PAC for the number to be taken to another network.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144199 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
That would be the same for any network.
Once you port out a number the account closes and therefore a final bill will be generated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You just have 2 options i'm afraid...

1) your colleague will have to set up a personal O2 account and then complete a Transfer Of Ownership to move the number over. They will need to go onto a similar priced tariff.

2) They will need to agree to pay off any early termination fees (line rental x months remaining). When agreed, O2 will release the PAC for the number to be taken to another network.

Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I did option 1 of @Anonymous advise some 2 years ago no issue

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/accounts/transfer-an-account

Business to personal

• Account holders – choose your new tariff and device from our online store (remember that there may be termination fees).
  • End users – call us on 0800 977 7337, or just dial 8002 from your mobile.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the forum! Wave Please let us know how you get on with this and if the advice above was of help.

Thanks for the responses @adamtemp64, @Anonymous, @MI5!

Message 5 of 5