cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 took £200 from my bank account and i haven't even bought anything

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope this is in the right place..

Okay, so. My iphone 6s died a few nights ago and hasnt been able to turn on since, cant charge, cant connect to itunes, i dont even get a low battery sign, its officially: dead, and i was quoted around £300 for the repair as it was a month out of its warranty. So, i thought itd just be easier and cheaper to pay off the rest of my contract, right? wrong. 

I  began the upgrade process, chose the phone, chose the tariff, put my payment details in (told they wouldnt take any money until i confirmed the order) and i got to the final page of the order where you check everything is correct before you place it. This is when i noticed I had my old address down, and of course its not easy to change it, so i quit the page and contacted o2 to change my address. If i had gone through with the order it would have cost over £200.

And now my bank balance is showing over £200 less. I contacted the bank and they said o2 have taken £270 or something, the price of the upgrade. I didnt place an order, i didnt confirm anything and yet theyve still taken my money? Rang o2 and they said they have no order and that it will be refunded but surely they literally cant do that..

Over £200 gone from my account and i didnt even buy anything... my 6s contract is still going and i dont have a new phone on the way. Is there any way i could get the money sooner? I'm away in two days and I dont know how possible it will be without a phone. I dont know how long the refund process will be but its been 4 days... it takes seconds to take my money but takes ages to give it back.

Should i complain?.. I feel like it might not be worth the hassle but idk

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes by all means complain! do you still have the transaction number for the payment and do you in fact have the new handset?? 

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Usually the money is held until the order is complete and not actually taken.
4-5 days is normally the time it takes to reappear as funds in your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also you might have been spared here as if you tried to order an iPhone. The likelihood of O2 having any stock Is doubtful unless you went in store 

Message 4 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous as @MI5 says as no order placed it will be the 4-5 working days for the funds to be relaesed.

Re address change I did mine easily when I moved in the my o2 section of the website.

Hope you get it sorted have you tried the apple tips to try and get it working https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
nope, i got no confirmation email or anything. i didnt actually buy the phone, they just took the money anyway
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks, i did manage to change my address but cant order again until the money is back obviously. when i rang up they did say it may take until wednesday so i'll wait til tomorrow and if its still not refunded i'll ring them up again and let you know what they say. also i have looked at the apple help page to try get the 6s working but nothing worked, apple in store said they think some bands in the charger port have bent so its literally helpless unless i want to spend £300 on repairs... just cheaper to upgrade to newer handset.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The charge port isn't too difficult to change either yourself or, as you are out of warranty, on your local market stall.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous Thanks for coming back and confirming the info and what you have done . 

As @MI5 says those parts are cheap if out of warranty 

Just continue chasing refund on the telephone and avoid live chat . 

Edit for a last suggestion have you tried to clean out the charge port using a wooden cocktail stick ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay i'll look into buying the part, need to take a trip into town anyway so will see whats about. have tried to clean it out aswell, completely busted though. 

Message 10 of 10