cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 have refused pac

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have requested my pac from o2 as my employers are moving all users onto one account with vodafone. My employers will pay my early termination fee when my final bill is produced as i am in commitment until may 2015.

The problem is as I am on a refresh plan, o2 say i have to pay off the phone plan before they will issue my pac. my employer will not pay this until the bill has been produced but o2 are refusing to budge. Offcom clearly state that a network provider cannot refuse to issue a pac within 2 hours (i am a consumer customer) unless i fall into one of the disqualifying catergories, which i dont. By refusing to issue my pac o2 are in breach of offcom regulations. Does anybody know how long it will take for offcom to look into this as my employer is waiting to port my number onto the new contract

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

They can not refuse your PAC. you are legally allowed this. Yes you need to pay your Phone Plan agreement, and you need to do this within 30days of cancelling your contract.

IF you wanted to disconnect and not keep your number then they can refuse to disconnect you until the Phone Plan is paid off.

Please call o2 again and im sure you will get someone who can help you.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Quote them their own T&C's which state:

17. Termination of Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and early repayment of Credit Agreement.
If your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement is terminated (for example, if you give notice to
terminate it for any reason, or we receive notice from another network operator that you
have used a PAC code), we will treat that as notice to terminate this Credit Agreement and,
other than in circumstances where you terminate your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement as a
result of our material breach, we will have the right to require immediate repayment of the
Amount of Credit (whether or not accrued due for payment). We will give you notice of our
intention to do this and will notify you of the remainder of the Amount of Credit you owe.
We may also be entitled to charge you for early termination of your Pay Monthly Mobile
Agreement, as further set out in that agreement.

Taken from here: http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/o2r12568n-phone-plan-tcs.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Edit: Snap!

Seems you need to agree to pay-off the phone-plan at the sametime to get PAC...

ewan

Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You've both quoted the same paragraph with different interpretations of it. I think ewanrw is correct.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is in breach of offcom regulations

Mobile phone customers have the right to take their mobile number with them when they switch to a new provider.

This is known as mobile number portability.

The process is simple. To port your number, you ask your current mobile provider for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) before your service is terminated.

You then give the PAC to your new mobile provider.

The only reasons why a provider can refuse to give a PAC are:

• the number does not belong to the customer of the losing mobile provider
  • the account for that number has been terminated
  • the account holder has died
  • a PAC has already been issued and is still valid
  • the customer has not adequately proved that he or she is the legitimate account holder.

Your provider cannot refuse to issue a PAC if you have any outstanding bills or charges to pay.

These charges should be included in your final bill after the port has taken place. You should then settle them as agreed in your contract.

Use this letter template if you want to request a PAC code

Use this letter template if you have not received your PAC code

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

and thank you, i was unaware of the complaints procedure so will follow that route and will quote the info with regards to ts&cs

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angfela1248, I've send you a PM, could you please check your inbox?

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

and thank you, i was unaware of the complaints procedure so will follow that route and will quote the info with regards to ts&cs

They aren't refusing to give you a pac code, but they are insisting on the phone plan being paid in order to facilitate it.  If you're refusing to pay the phone plan (or your employer is) then its yourself (or your employer) who is holding up the process.

Message 9 of 15

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Those regs are correct if you are out of contract only.

When in contract, you need to agree to pay all outstanding fees before they are obliged to give you your PAC. If you agree, and they still refuse, they will then be in breach.

ewan

Message 10 of 15