Did you mean: 

o2 eSim to eSim transfer NIGHTMARE!

Shabbadoof
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare at the moment and I'm hopeful someone can perhaps help or give me some advice on how I can resolve it.

My existing phone is an iPhone 12 and I've now got an iPhone 16. The iPhone 12 has an eSim on it which has worked fine for months and I wanted to transfer that to the new phone.

Tried to transfer it during the setup of the new phone and it kept failing, fine OK I'll try and do it manually.

That doesn't work so I go into a store to see if they can help (the Leeds Trinity one) however because my account has sent me too many verification codes today they can't get into it and my account is locked out (and still seems to be) if I try and login on a new device I get told 'We can't send you anymore codes. Get in touch if you need help' so both the My02 app on my new phone or using safari on it won't let me move any further forward so I'm at a dead end there and they've told me to wait until the lock has been removed from my account which could take 2 hours, could take 24hrs etc.

so dead end there.

I then go onto X and connect with o2 and speak to someone there. They create a new order for me this afternoon of an eSim which has now deactivated my old eSim in my iphone 12 and the order appears to be stuck in processing so when I go onto 'Install Your sim' on My02 nothing is there for me to do.

I'm at a loss at what I should do next. 

I can't ring / data / text anyone on my iPhone 12 as they have cut my existing eSim off.

IF the order completes for the replacement eSim is it not going to want to send a verification code to my existing number which now no longer works before it lets me do anything

I can't even setup my02 on the new iPhone 16 because when I go to login (and when verification codes can be sent to me again) it will send that to my existing number which I no longer have access to.

Your Sim page is currently showing - 

Unable to make changes

Because there are some changes underway on your account, you can’t make any changes on this page at the moment.

I've also rang o2 tonight who basically just said it's best to do nothing and let the existing order complete.

Help.... anyone?? lol

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

ElenaP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hallo! The exact same thing is happening to me now. I have to travel for work and really need my phone. Enough of a reason to leave O2 if this is what happens everytime I change handset. Customer service are nice on the phone but I think the system glitches is not something they can help with. Have spent a working day trying to do this at least and still to no avail. Here for the answers. Have called again after the first try failed. Haven't been sent the sim instructions within the 2 hours. Yours, phonless.

Message 41 of 43

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38862 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

SIM requests, in the last month or so, have been made available through one of only 2 routes on O2 - via an O2 shop, with suitable photo id in-hand, or via 202 (contract) or 4445 (PAYG)- that is it, sadly.

Add to that the ongoing issues with OTP/2FA to access MyO2, the disabling of your current SIM when a new one is sent to you via Royal Mail, and the many problems that O2 eSIMs seem to be causing, then you would be better sticking with a physical SIM card for now, @ElenaP.

If you do decide to pull the plug in O2, after checking that other providers' coverage matches your needs, then this will help: Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Good luck!

Message 42 of 43

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8133 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

eSIMs are so simple on giffgaff.

Had a look the other day

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 43 of 43