cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 UK calls & texts to Vodafone UK mobile in Germany.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2 community

After speaking to a chap on o2 chat who knew absolutely nothing about o2 products and services I am hoping for straight answer from the o2 community to put my mind at rest.

I have an O2 pay monthly mobile with unlimited minutes and texts. My son is going on a trip to Germany and he has a Vodafone UK pay monthly sim. Vodafone has advised him to use their EuroTraveller scheme £3 a day to use his uk tariff abroad i.e no charges to receive or make calls & texts  (all calls and texts and data come out of his uk allowances).

As an o2 mobile customer, will I be permitted to use my uk allowances (calls and texts) to phone him in Germany without inccuring any roaming/international charges as his UK sim is now connected in Germany?    

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes your calls to him (and texts) will come out of your allowance and you will incur no extra charges at all.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes your calls to him (and texts) will come out of your allowance and you will incur no extra charges at all.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Definitely, 100% what he says ^^^ slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3