cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Refresh and my iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell you what it is, friday morning bad rain here in northern ireland and pocket flooded pretty much bricking my iphone 5. Now i never got insurance as im pretty good with phones but there you go lesson learnt.

To my question...

As ive no phone im just going to take advantage of the o2 refresh BUT until next weekend dont have the buy out money to start the new contract. Is there a way for o2 to include this into my o2 refresh payments or am i pretty much screwed for a phone until next weekend?

I was speaking to someone on the o2 live chat and they did mention the accounts department might be able to but as i cant get a text to my phone they cant pass my details over.

Ive no problems with o2 been with them for over 10 years so just writing this wondering if any info on my problem cheers

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your on o2 refresh you pay off the rest of the handset and then u can upgrade but if you are on a normal contract you will have to pay tho whole lot

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry but i wouldn't have thought so.

Live Chat are non Uk Outsourced call-centres who are ok generally for low level non account enquiries. If you need clarification speak to Uk Customer Services on 202.

Have you thought about speed to refresh.

Heres the help link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/frequent-questions#tabs

Do you not have home insurance or perhaps a bank account that includes mobile phone insurance in it. Worth checking.

Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm afraid it's a contract buyout so it does have to be paid in one go.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your on o2 refresh you pay off the rest of the handset and then u can upgrade but if you are on a normal contract you will have to pay tho whole lot

Message 4 of 4