cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 4g Rollout Announcement YES IT'S TRUE

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.cable.co.uk/news/o2-unveils-new-4g-coverage-areas-801743314/

The o2 4g roll out continues with this announcement earlier today.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm there more often that you'd know Gemz.... Tracking you down, slowly lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm there more often that you'd know Gemz.... Tracking you down, slowly lol

You're probably there more than me because I only work in Liverpool city centre and I live on the outskirts lol.

At least you understand what I mean about the drastic changes in signal.

Message 22 of 34

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sure do - It's a bit annoying at times 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 34

Donfor39
Level 3: Thinker
  • 31 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I get a little taste of 4G whilst at work Glasgow

not bad 20+ meg d/load 10 meg u/load

What I dont know is does this mean that O2 4g is available cause i'm in Glasgow..or is it cause i'm in the work....i.e. where is the 4g signal coming from

At least my phone switches when I arive at work though I dont d/load anything just browsing....what other uses are good to 'test' 4G and does 4G use more data i/m on 1.7 remaining from 2gb allowance since using iph6 since Sat///Mon at work

Smiley LOL

iPad Pro 64gb silver

iPhone 6 64gb silver.
Message 24 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

4G is available in Glasgow and goes as far west as Paisley, and south to Lugton/Dunlop.

I only get to use it whenever I'm in Glasgow as well, although I did weirdly get a 4G signal at the weekend, on the west coast, a good 15 miles or so from where the signal is supposed to end. Speeds matched what 4G should be...so no idea how that worked!

Message 25 of 34

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Donfor39 wrote:

what other uses are good to 'test' 4G and does 4G use more data i/m on 1.7 remaining from 2gb allowance since using iph6 since Sat///Mon at work

Streaming content off YouTube will show how much faster 4g can be but because it's faster you will use more data (by doing more in less time), not because 4g uses any more data than 3g overall for the same size files.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 34

joeobrien
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hmm. Back in August I was working at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta. As part of event build, o2 installed a temporary 4G mast which delivered 4G for 10 days to a small area around Ashton Court. 

o2 4G isn't avalibale in Bristol yet. However, a similar situation has arisen. What seems to be a temporary mast has been installed in South Bristol and is delivering high-speed 4G to a select number of Bristolians! 

Is 4G coming to Bristol soon?

Message 27 of 34

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I so wish we knew! I really can't see why they don't give some sort of roll-out schedule Smiley Frustrated

Message 28 of 34

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@joeobrien wrote:

Is 4G coming to Bristol soon?

You will find out before we do Crazy

Currently using:
Message 29 of 34

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Nothing of any note happening in Bristol over the coming 10 days....at least not that would justify a temporary 4G mast....couple of drugs raids in Hartcliffe and Knowle perhaps wink

As there's a TV transmitter in South Bristol perhaps they're testing before committing to a location ?

But I thought the 4G effect had been proved minimal or even non-existent ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 30 of 34