cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 4g Rollout Announcement YES IT'S TRUE

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.cable.co.uk/news/o2-unveils-new-4g-coverage-areas-801743314/

The o2 4g roll out continues with this announcement earlier today.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noted that at the end of the Blue Room report linked by BoB, two people ask questions.

The first was asked on 14th August about o2 sharing the roll out plans. No answer from o2.

Another one asked this evening has a response.

Typical of o2's failure to share with customers?
Message 11 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i have asked the Chief Operating Officer this question (and moderators don't pm me asking not to quite COO's name as the report is on o2's own Blue Room and is therefore in the public arena Brendon).

So Derek

Why no answer to Neil Kev Sharp's comment below which millions of o2 Customers want answering?

Why is o2 so WOEFULLY DREADFUL at sharing 4g rollout information?

In the South West there are huge areas with a very poor 2g signal and equally as large areas with absolutely no signal with o2.

4g? We'd be happy to be able to make a call. We have electricity now.
Message 13 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah that's all well and good but I've had 4g since day one and the speeds are so low it might as well be 3G again 😞
Message 14 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah that's all well and good but I've had 4g since day one and the speeds are so low it might as well be 3G again 😞

I agree with Damien - I've had 4G since the end of last year - sometimes it lags and it's no different in speed to 3G.

Message 15 of 34

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've actually recorded less than 1mbps on 4G in Liverpool and 12mbps standing in the same spot on 3G - Work that one out !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
12mbs on 3g? Blimey i thought at work where i now get 3mbs after the recent upgrade that things were good lol.

Explanation @MI5? Distance from 4g cell perhaps? Perhaps there was a nearer 3g cell site? ??
Message 17 of 34

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Could be proximity to cell tower (I haven't looked where they are located in Liverpool City Centre) but as I was in the middle of Liverpool One I would expect not to be too far away from one....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a good show at all
Message 19 of 34

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Could be proximity to cell tower (I haven't looked where they are located in Liverpool City Centre) but as I was in the middle of Liverpool One I would expect not to be too far away from one....

How dare you come into my neck of the woods lol.

I must admit, the signal in Liverpool is quite random.

Message 20 of 34